PRS Electric

Hans

I bought pretty old Paul Reed Smith guitar. It is a so called PRS Electric and that is the name on the headstock. Must be produced end of the 80th or 1990/91.. That must be the model that PRS offered before they came up with the CE model.
Does anybody have some more informations about this guitar?

There's not an awful lot to go on can you post some pics (the serial number might help as well) so the knowledgeable can see what it is?

Last edited:
I would like to post a pic/jpg, but I don´t find any way to post it here. Any idea?

From the PRS model history page...

"CLASSIC ELECTRIC (CE BOLT-ON): 1988 - Current. 24-fret maple neck, unfaced headstock, dot inlays, alder body, PRS Vintage pickups, tone control, and 3-way toggle selector. Rosewood fretboard, wide-thin neck options by ’89. Black headstock face and 5-way rotary switch by mid-’89. HFS Treble/Vintage Bass finalized by ’91. Maple top version- the CE Bolt-on Maple Top- added in ’89. Mahogany body/ back from ’95 as well as stop-tail option. Solid Mahogany body discontinued in 2000, stop tailpiece & regular neck profile discontinued in 2001. Offered as wide thin, tremolo only from 2001."

You found a keeper. The alder body is unique for PRS. The PRS electric logo was changed after the first year or so because of a trademark dispute with Peavey who had trademarked the "Classic" name for it's line of amps. They are great guitars. Congrats!

latest

Back