PRS deluxe gig bag

wiredsince94

Has anyone used this for a McCarty 594 singlecut? I don’t play out much anymore, but I like a good bag for storing guitars at home, they take up less space & are easier to store vertically. I currently have a couple of Suhr bags & Mono Vertigo. Is the PRS deluxe bag comparable to either of those? Would any other 594 owners be comfortable storing theirs in the PRS soft case? Thanks

I don't know about the Suhr or Mono bags, but I'd have no problem storing any of my PRS in my SE gig bag - plenty of protection for all but the roughest use.

I don't know about the Suhr or Mono bags, but I'd have no problem storing any of my PRS in my SE gig bag - plenty of protection for all but the roughest use.

Ditto. My 594 generally lives in my Gator Pro-Go, but I would have no problem throwing it in the SE bag. I'm sure the fancy PRS gig bag is even better, so you'll be golden.

Great bag. I use the PRS Deluxe bag when I take any of mine out, including the 594. Heavy duty with some big rubber bumpers on the tail end. To be fair, I also use a Mono Classic. There's a little more storage space in the Mono, and it does have the neck support. But, I grab whichever is on top when I need to use one.

I have a Suhr gig bag that I got with a Suhr I had . It came with the hard case and gig bag but when I sold it I kept the gig bag and I use that one all time. It seems like one of the better made gig bags.

Thanks everyone. I ended up ordering a 2nd Mono Vertigo. Have had great luck with my current one & my 594 is worth spending a little more.
Makes sense to me - I do like the PRS gig bags, but had desired recently to protect a couple of guitars a little better, as they were seeing some serious gigging, and I was finding that I wasn't always in control of my equipment, ifyaknowwhatimean. I especially noted the need for extra protection on the bottom when standing upright - the strap button can sometimes be under a lot of stress.

So I grabbed a Gator semi-rigid LP-style gig bag (GL-LPS) that was lightweight enough but sturdy, like the Mono cases. I'd love to find one similar for a PRS DC-style (CU24, McCarty, etc) guitar, but their "generic" electric case in that line is not quite what I was looking for - a little too square. Might still grab one, though.

Back