PRS Custom 20 - 2 Channel Combo Amp

Up until this year, the Chargers have been close to "perfect" as well :D

The Lions’ last NFL title was 1957.

They had three NFL titles in the 50s with their star QB, Bobby Layne. So of course in 1958, they decided to trade Bobby Layne to the Steelers. Bobby Layne was pissed, and issued the Bobby Layne Curse, “They’ll never win another title.”

And in over a half-century since, they never have.

They have never been to a Super Bowl, and are 1-12 in the playoffs since 1957.

No Detroit Lions head coach has ever gone on to another head coaching job.

The Detroit Lions had a player die on the field during a game (Chuck Hughes, 1971], the only time that’s ever happened in the history of the NFL.

They were the first NFL franchise to lose to an AFL team.

They were the first to go 0-16.

A head coach, Bobby Ross (who I think had taken the Chargers to a Super Bowl), was so disgusted with the organization that he quit in the middle of a season.

And for the grand finale, the other team that dominated the 50s with the Lions and were the Lions’ big rivals? Yup.

The Cleveland Browns.

Last edited:
If you get dominated by the Browns, you ARE in trouble. Oh wait, that just happened to us a couple weeks ago. :rolleyes:

So, what was the topic? This is a sore subject for me. I really liked my Custom 50, but found it a little too fat/smooth for me to "love" it. Then after trading it, found out the bias was way off and I knew my meter was messed up so I never checked it. So now I constantly wonder how it REALLY sounds. And I had a deal all but finalized a couple weeks ago for Custom 20 head (which are rare) and during the last relisting the guy got a BIN bid on Ebay.. for less than I'd already offered him in trade for the amp. And of course, this is made worse by the fact that the guy who ended up with my C50 said that he has owned numerous high end amps, and that once he got the bias set properly he LOVES the amp and can't believe he got it for less than half of any of the other high end amps he's had, because he likes it better! :oops:

The Lions’ last NFL title was 1957.

They had three NFL titles in the 50s with their star QB, Bobby Layne. So of course in 1958, they decided to trade Bobby Layne to the Steelers. Bobby Layne was pissed, and issued the Bobby Layne Curse, “They’ll never win another title.”

And in over a half-century since, they never have.

They have never been to a Super Bowl, and are 1-12 in the playoffs since 1957.

No Detroit Lions head coach has ever gone on to another head coaching job.

The Detroit Lions had a player die on the field during a game (Chuck Hughes, 1971], the only time that’s ever happened in the history of the NFL.

They were the first NFL franchise to lose to an AFL team.

They were the first to go 0-16.

A head coach, Bobby Ross (who I think had taken the Chargers to a Super Bowl), was so disgusted with the organization that he quit in the middle of a season.

And for the grand finale, the other team that dominated the 50s with the Lions and were the Lions’ big rivals? Yup.

The Cleveland Browns.

The Chargers only trip to the super bowl was in 1994 - & they got spanked by SF

If you get dominated by the Browns, you ARE in trouble. Oh wait, that just happened to us a couple weeks ago. :rolleyes:

So, what was the topic? This is a sore subject for me. I really liked my Custom 50, but found it a little too fat/smooth for me to "love" it. Then after trading it, found out the bias was way off and I knew my meter was messed up so I never checked it. So now I constantly wonder how it REALLY sounds. And I had a deal all but finalized a couple weeks ago for Custom 20 head (which are rare) and during the last relisting the guy got a BIN bid on Ebay.. for less than I'd already offered him in trade for the amp. And of course, this is made worse by the fact that the guy who ended up with my C50 said that he has owned numerous high end amps, and that once he got the bias set properly he LOVES the amp and can't believe he got it for less than half of any of the other high end amps he's had, because he likes it better! :oops:
Second your opinion about Custom 20 heads, which I want I really want vs the combo.

I was sad and a bit surprised to learn that the Custom 20/50 and the HXDA are discontinued. I'm a couch player who recently retired and am beginning the long road back to being able to play out. I thought the Custom 20/50 line was perfect for me, a fan of Classic Rock and Blues. I played an HXDA once at EXP PRS and thought it was wonderful but a bit out of my budget. I could easily have seen myself buying one of the Custom line sometime in the next year or two. Paul and his crew are mighty smart so Im sure this was a good business decision but I'm sad that more people didn't buy one of those 2 platforms. I guess I'll just have to wait to see what Paul and the gang come up with to fill that void in the product line (and no, the J-Mod is not the answer for me). I am assuming that sales of both platforms were slow.

I was sad and a bit surprised to learn that the Custom 20/50 and the HXDA are discontinued. I'm a couch player who recently retired and am beginning the long road back to being able to play out. I thought the Custom 20/50 line was perfect for me, a fan of Classic Rock and Blues. I played an HXDA once at EXP PRS and thought it was wonderful but a bit out of my budget. I could easily have seen myself buying one of the Custom line sometime in the next year or two. Paul and his crew are mighty smart so Im sure this was a good business decision but I'm sad that more people didn't buy one of those 2 platforms. I guess I'll just have to wait to see what Paul and the gang come up with to fill that void in the product line (and no, the J-Mod is not the answer for me). I am assuming that sales of both platforms were slow.

There are LOTS of used ones out there, and for whatever reason, they usually sell at very, very good prices. You would also probably like the Sonzera!

Yep. I love my Custom 20 head. As I said earlier, only if I get to play LOUDER do I pull out my Sweet 16. It's been a while. If only I could get my wife to go away for a while...

My wife springs them on me. Usually it's when I'm working late. She'll say ":Since you're working late, I'll get xxxx done."

Back