PRS Case Smell

Maybe get a new case for it?

That WAS the new case! I wanted one of the chainsaw-type cases - you know, the molded plastic ones like Les Pauls came in for a while (and may still). The original tweed case never had an odor. Still doesn't.

Now you're talkin'!

Do you think you could get them to stick to the vinyl end coverings? Or to some other fabric that could stick onto, or be sewn onto, the ends?

For that matter, I wonder what a 25th anni case would look like trimmed out in LV on each end....

Last edited:
Do you think you could get them to stick to the vinyl end coverings? Or to some other fabric that could stick onto, or be sewn onto, the ends?

For that matter, I wonder what a 25th anni case would look like trimmed out in LV on each end....

You just know I already know the answer to that seeing as how I owned a Bedazzler and a Gemagic. :girl: I think the best thing to do would be to use gems with a bezel setting, and then apply that to the vinyl. Maybe Shawn might know how it could be done considering the Orianthi guitar that was covered in crystals.

I have a source for LV fabric and vinyl in Chicago if you're serious about trying it out, it's about $65 a yard.

You just know I already know the answer to that seeing as how I owned a Bedazzler and a Gemagic. :girl: I think the best thing to do would be to use gems with a bezel setting, and then apply that to the vinyl. Maybe Shawn might know how it could be done considering the Orianthi guitar that was covered in crystals.

I have a source for LV fabric and vinyl in Chicago if you're serious about trying it out, it's about $65 a yard.

Heck, Serg, I figured I'd give you the case (just because we're pals) and let you have at it.

Heck, Serg, I figured I'd give you the case (just because we're pals) and let you have at it.

Those white cases are a huge turn on for me, I'm shocked that our newest member isn't a fan, but everything ain't for everybody! Don't you think Jamie needs a LV case? I bet it might make Jared jealous.

I, for one, do not fancy that white case of the 25th anni (well, I do not own one but one of my friends does). I just think if is not practical to use as a "gig" case. And for $3,000+ guitar, I would prefer it stay in the safe case rather than the gig bag.

I also do not fancy the Paul's Guitar paisley case for the same reason. Although it looks really nice when in the clean environment of my place, I could not imagine myself to brig this to any gig.

But anyway, I love its smell. Everytime I open the case, I feel really great and the first thing I do is to hold the guitar and sniff the neck :laugh:

This was one of the most discussed mysteries on BAM haha We think its a combination of the glue used to assemble the inside of the case along with whatever lovely cleaning product/finishes PRS use on the guitars before final casing.

Those white cases are a huge turn on for me, I'm shocked that our newest member isn't a fan, but everything ain't for everybody! Don't you think Jamie needs a LV case? I bet it might make Jared jealous.

You'd think a guy who trucks around with rock stars would like a fancy case, and a cool guitar, but Jamie is still a very low-key guy.

In fact, he's doing these shows with one of the band's guitars he's borrowed, he didn't get anything for the tour. I think he's just one of those guys who doesn't care about "stuff." Unlike his old man in that regard, for sure.

I'm all about my stuff. :)

Back