PRS Archon Guitar Amps - A Beast of a Review!

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Chapman and the Captain give the Archon a workout.
I read a few days ago Rob was going to be reviewing the amp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Listening to it now, 12 minutes into a 44 min video. They do ramble on about other stuff, like the guitars they are using, but they seem duly impressed with the Archon. 100w head and 50w combo used in the review. Curiously, they start off with Chappers using a PRS guitar, while The Captain is using an Ibanez...I would have expected the opposite.

Now at 23 min...a good review, they are really exploring the various tones the Archon can handle and put out through various guitars, but if you are looking for a cut-to-the-chase review, this ain't it...

Despite the OCD tendencies, they take a single-sided approach to the Archon...spankingly clean or metal. I'm of the opinion that there are more applications for this amp and not too many reviewers have taken this approach.

I watched the whole video and if I wasn't in the throes of a severe episode of GAS I would have one on the way right now.

Although not necessarily shown in this video, Rabea is a beast of a player.

I see Robb and Lee are still rockin' the two Archons they have, but the review in their latest video is for another brand of guitars.
Still the high gain sounds they are getting are great.

I decided I'm going to buy one of these. One of the things that really sold me on it was this video:

I'm not much of a Periphery fan, despite having ordered a Mark Holcomb PRS sig. I just think this amp has a lot going for it, and I'm stoked to see how it'll sound with the Holcomb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Listening to it now, 12 minutes into a 44 min video. They do ramble on about other stuff, like the guitars they are using, but they seem duly impressed with the Archon. 100w head and 50w combo used in the review. Curiously, they start off with Chappers using a PRS guitar, while The Captain is using an Ibanez...I would have expected the opposite.

Now at 23 min...a good review, they are really exploring the various tones the Archon can handle and put out through various guitars, but if you are looking for a cut-to-the-chase review, this ain't it...

I've tried to meander my way through the aural BS a few times.

Back