PRS #4 - NGD

Just a quick follow-up. I received the guitar back today and so far, she's sounding great!!

Brian, my tech, stated that there was one "leg" on the pot that when pressure was applied, it would short/cut out. So he just replaced the volume pot today and it played without any issues for a nearly 3 hour practice.

I'm still deciding on the Dragon II p/u's that I put in, but sound pretty good. We'll see..................Bodie

This week I took my '12 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe and some equipment/pedals that I don't really use to look at getting a Gibson Les Paul. at my local Guitar Center in Greensboro, NC After trying multiple new/used Les Paul's, I've just come to know that I'm not a Les Paul guy. I've had them in my collection multiple times, but they just don't get the normal play time as my others.

So, I asked the sales rep if he had any PRS Singlecut's, McCarty's, etc. He had a used 2020 Singlecut in stock. WOW - this is the "LP" that I've always wanted. The only issue is the bridge pickup. The sales rep said their repair person (who had left for the day) said that the bridge pickup goes in and out - mostly out. The Singlecut was already on sale for about $400 of the regular price and they knocked off another $200 for the pickup issue. Done deal. Plus purchased a hardshell case.

He mentioned that it may be the 3-way switch. I ordered a Switchcraft - replaced it - same thing. I then started moving the pickup wires around in the control cavity and noticed that it went in an out when I moved the Black (hot) wire to the volume pot. So I removed it and resoldered it - and it worked. For about 2 hours - no issues. Put it in it's case, next day - same thing.

So I had an extra set of PRS Dragon II's that I put in (which sounded really good!!). Played for several hours - no issues. Put it in it's case and pulled it out of the case 30 min - same thing. So I think, laying it horizontal is causing something to occur.

I'm taking it to my local tech today and see if he can resolve the issue. I'm suspecting a bad volume pot as one of the times,, while I was playing, the volume totally dropped out. The bridge pickup works fine - no issues there.

We'll below are the required family pics. I hope everyone has a blessed day and weekend! - Bodie

20240514-231439.jpg
1000011236.jpg
1000011268.jpg
1000011303.jpg
Nice

This week I took my '12 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe and some equipment/pedals that I don't really use to look at getting a Gibson Les Paul. at my local Guitar Center in Greensboro, NC After trying multiple new/used Les Paul's, I've just come to know that I'm not a Les Paul guy. I've had them in my collection multiple times, but they just don't get the normal play time as my others.

So, I asked the sales rep if he had any PRS Singlecut's, McCarty's, etc. He had a used 2020 Singlecut in stock. WOW - this is the "LP" that I've always wanted. The only issue is the bridge pickup. The sales rep said their repair person (who had left for the day) said that the bridge pickup goes in and out - mostly out. The Singlecut was already on sale for about $400 of the regular price and they knocked off another $200 for the pickup issue. Done deal. Plus purchased a hardshell case.

He mentioned that it may be the 3-way switch. I ordered a Switchcraft - replaced it - same thing. I then started moving the pickup wires around in the control cavity and noticed that it went in an out when I moved the Black (hot) wire to the volume pot. So I removed it and resoldered it - and it worked. For about 2 hours - no issues. Put it in it's case, next day - same thing.

So I had an extra set of PRS Dragon II's that I put in (which sounded really good!!). Played for several hours - no issues. Put it in it's case and pulled it out of the case 30 min - same thing. So I think, laying it horizontal is causing something to occur.

I'm taking it to my local tech today and see if he can resolve the issue. I'm suspecting a bad volume pot as one of the times,, while I was playing, the volume totally dropped out. The bridge pickup works fine - no issues there.

We'll below are the required family pics. I hope everyone has a blessed day and weekend! - Bodie

20240514-231439.jpg
1000011236.jpg
1000011268.jpg
1000011303.jpg
Gorgeous, the whole bunch!

Gorgeous, the whole bunch!
Thank you - I'm very blessed & proud to have them! The Vela will be going with me to church tonight as we are having a kids night and they love the praise band playing loud music 🤘😎🤘.

My band, BloodWater, will be playing a concert there in June and I'll have the CE-22, CE-24, & Singlecut with me. In Oct, we are playing a large Nascar Day festival and I plan on having the same. Unfortunately though, all my others guitars (non-PRS) are getting very little play time now. Have a great day & weekend! Bodie

Just a quick update, as a reminder, when I purchased my new Singlecut from Guitar Center, Greensboro NC, the volume pot was bad. We'll after receiving back from my tech - 3-4 days later - the neck pot started doing the same thing; cutting out and then totally no sound. I replaced it myself with a CTS pot. The lampshade knob doesn't seem to push all the way down to the body as the previous pot. I did bend in the pot's shaft/tabs inwards, but it just sits a little higher than all the other knobs. I think my tech just used some generic branded pot and that knob (bridge pickup knob) sifts flush with the others.

Also, the PRS Dragon II pickups just didn't have the tone I was looking for. So I replaced them out with a new set of Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded pick-up set (SH-2 & SH-4). Much happier and LOVING this guitar. Thanks again for everyone's comments/support! - Bodie

20240531-123926.jpg

20240531-130211.jpg

Just a quick update, as a reminder, when I purchased my new Singlecut from Guitar Center, Greensboro NC, the volume pot was bad. We'll after receiving back from my tech - 3-4 days later - the neck pot started doing the same thing; cutting out and then totally no sound. I replaced it myself with a CTS pot. The lampshade knob doesn't seem to push all the way down to the body as the previous pot. I did bend in the pot's shaft/tabs inwards, but it just sits a little higher than all the other knobs. I think my tech just used some generic branded pot and that knob (bridge pickup knob) sifts flush with the others.

Also, the PRS Dragon II pickups just didn't have the tone I was looking for. So I replaced them out with a new set of Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded pick-up set (SH-2 & SH-4). Much happier and LOVING this guitar. Thanks again for everyone's comments/support! - Bodie

20240531-123926.jpg

20240531-130211.jpg
Looks great!

Back