PRS 3 of 100 on headstock in ink

Probably need more info here? So it's a hand numbered run 100 of some sort? Are you talking about the McCarty run? That was 1994. GC said it was a '91???

a CE? That sounds like a Guitar Center limited run to me maybe - its probably not incredibly rare now, feature wise-. I think what would be different about it is it was one of the first CEs with a Mahogany body - if its a 91 they were usually all Alder at the time IIRC

I'd have to agree with Bob on this one, and CE22's did not come out until 94. Killer guitar though!

I've only seen black Sam Ash Ltds. When I got my CE-22, there were THREE Sam Ash CEs for sale on ebay at the same time. I'll bet that's never happened before or since.

I think you may have stumbled across one of a limited run done by Sam Ash in 1994...they did 100 CE-22's with three way switches...all Hog...and Brand spanking new McCarty PUP's...I was discussing this the other day in the none more black thread...I think they made them in other colors too...I remember seeing one in Cherry when I bought mine in 1994.

I think you may have stumbled across one of a limited run done by Sam Ash in 1994...they did 100 CE-22's with three way switches...all Hog...and Brand spanking new McCarty PUP's...I was discussing this the other day in the none more black thread...I think they made them in other colors too...I remember seeing one in Cherry when I bought mine in 1994.

What a coincidence. Moons?

It has abalony dots a rosewood fretboard maple neck black color trem three way switch amber knobs

I know this is an old thread but thought I'd jump in anyway. I have one of these Sam Ash editions in black with gold knobs and McCarty pickups with the original case and hang tag. I bought it brand new at Sam Ash in Carle Place, Long Island in '94 along with a Peavey Classic 50 212. It's been well played for almost 21 years and still sounds awesome. Anyone have any idea what these are worth?

The ones I've seen really haven't sold for any sort of premium. They sell from $900 to $1200, depending on condition.

Back