PRS 277 nut material?

Frode

Hi
do anybody know what kind of material the nut on PRS 277 2022year is made of?
Is it plastic, should i change it to a bette sounding nut.
In that case what do you think is the "best" nut.
the guitar is black, so white wil show to much..

The online PRS spec sheet should tell you what it's made of.
ps, I totally love my 277, looks and feels wonderful.
Only problem is limited use because it's tuned B to B.

My 2021 SE277 has a black nut - I didn't know that meant it was a core nut, but it works fine and I certainly don't think it needs upgrading. Maybe locking tuners one of these days........

My 2021 SE277 has a black nut - I didn't know that meant it was a core nut, but it works fine and I certainly don't think it needs upgrading. Maybe locking tuners one of these days........
A few weeks ago someone posted asking about the SEs having Core nuts now. Can't remember who, but one reply was from a member that was replacing the nut on his SE. It was black, so for giggles he took some sand paper to it. Sure enough, brass in the filings. Gotta be Core.

The Core nut is a brass-infused synthetic matrix. They use bone on the Core 594s. When you drop the black Core nut on a quartz countertop, it has a very distinct, glassy 'ping'. Clear and pure. Paul has put out a video or two where he compares nuts using this 'ping' test. The plastic SEs nuts are fairly dull. The GraphTech TUSQ and TUSQ-XL ring pretty close to the PRS Core nuts, but I though the core nuts were clearer, glassier.

Back