PRS 2016 catalogue

djlee8807

It looks like starting in November, Brent Mason signature model is gonna be available as a core line model in 2016? Was it always like this?

Also, how does this guitar measure up with a strat in terms of single coil sounds?

The Brent Mason Signature has been in the core lineup for several years now. Never played one so I can't help with the sound.

I love the Brent Mason, haven't gotten my hands on one yet. It seems like it's the ultimate Strat/Tele replacement with much better build quality. Hopefully I can snag one of them soon

I'm a Tele player, more or less, and the only objection I had to PRS guitars until a few years ago was that I couldn't get a good single-coil bridge-pickup sound out of them. The now-discontinued DC3 came close, but it didn't do humbucker sounds, and by the time I was ready to get one, the Brent Mason had been announced. Long story short, I got one, and I couldn't be happier with it. Best-sounding guitar PRS makes, in my opinion--I can get jazz tones, Strat tones, and that elusive bridge-pickup twang, on one guitar.

Back