PRS 2-Piece bridge

Zack Matzanias

My SC-58 has the two piece bridge. It's my favorite guitar and I love the bridge. The only problem is that the intonation screws keep stripping and falling out.

Customer service is fantastic and continues to send me replacement screws (Thank you Matt King). Is there any chance PRS is updating this bridge with heartier screws? Alternatively, can I get some stronger replacement screws at a local hardware store?

Could the problem be the saddles and not the screws? That does indeed sound like a strange problem. I would see if PRS would send you new saddles instead and see what happens. Once the intonation is set hopefully you would not have to touch it often. Let us know how it turns out.

Are you adjusting the intonation under full tension? What guage strings are you using?

Also, I only had a two piece bridge once briefly, but isn't it supposed to have clips on the end of the screw to prevent them from fall out even if you push the saddle all the way forward? maybe check that out as well.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Egads - I use standard 10-46 strings (Ernie Ball). I do typically intonate at full tension.

Catstrangler - Unfortunately there are no clips. I've lost two screws while playing the guitar and not setting it up. They would be helpful.

Hmm, looking at pictures of this bridge, I don't see any clips, that might be a Nashville TOM thing. Sounds to me like it might be easier to ask for a replacement bridge. If the screws aren't secured in any fashion on the pickup side, they will always fall out I guess.

That's really weird that you've gone through two. Obviously, you could try backing off the tension before adjusting (I have a Vox that requires very low tension before adjusting), but I wouldn't think it would be necessary. I'm voting on the new bridge.

I had another great experience with PRS Customer Service. They are sending me a replacement bridge. Thank you Sean Littleton.

I'm thrilled that my favorite guitar company has the best customer service.

I'm having the same problem with my stripped 58. The E and D saddle screws strip and fall out. I don't have a warranty card. I wonder if they would replace it, since it's a known issue?

I'm having the same problem with my stripped 58. The E and D saddle screws strip and fall out. I don't have a warranty card. I wonder if they would replace it, since it's a known issue?

Why not call them and find out?

If you're the original owner, you have a lifetime warranty. If you don't have a warranty card, your dealer probably has an electronic copy of the receipt, or can verify that you're the original owner/

Back