Private Stock Friday

Ingenious use of saving and utilizing a piece of highly sought after buckeye burl full of bark inclusions and other voids. From firewood to an interesting private stock.

Could probably still be used as firewood in a pinch! Might smell funny though!!

Beat me to it, but probably not an acceptable comment on PSF.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I got covid and didn't make it to the factory this week. I (and the pictures) will be back next week!

Have a good one!
-Mikko
Very kind of you to give us a heads up Mr. Mikko! You know how addicted we are to the drugs you display each Friday!! Best wishes on a speedy and complete recovery and looking forward to seeing your offerings next week!!!

Get well soon Mikko!

Not that I can compete with the usual goodies, but I'll share a pic of an upgrade I just made to my wood library guitar.

As it was:
aWVMy3J.jpg

And with some home made private stockification from my wood supplies:
68La5aL.jpg

Ingenious use of saving and utilizing a piece of highly sought after buckeye burl full of bark inclusions and other voids. From firewood to an interesting private stock.

Gorgeous! And it looks like my original concept "Chris Humphreys Seafoam Burl" finish PS Lefty McCarty 594 Soapbar (Miss August FYI in this year's calendar ) is gonna have a little brother Looks like the inlays are Turquoise w/Chinese Webbing like mine. I love it uses the natural quilt of the top for the turquoise in the negative spaces to really give it that ocean effect.

Growing up on the beaches of FL, my concept was totally beach driftwood washing up in Caribbean tides.

For mine, my exact verbiage was "Maple Burled top with the negative spaces filled with a satin seafoam". I got to pick the top and PS and I were both not sure we could make it work but Jesus did they ever nail it! We even had a back up plan that we'd do a seafoam fade on the edges in if the negative space idea didn't work. Thank God it did and then some!

Paul supposedly told my rep Vic @leftguitarsonly.com that since my guitar went public, he'd been getting a bunch of new orders based on my vision that the Private Stock team perfected. I joked that he should name the finish after me at least

Back