Private Stock Friday

All these gorgeous PS axes on PSF make me think I might have to order a PS in a few years for my 50th. Maybe a One in vintage yellow ribbon mahogany, tortoiseshell pickguard, rosewood neck with some variation on the old 80s moons, one piece stoptail, maybe a treble bleed cap on the single volume knob to make it something like a tone knob too. Not sure which pup though, wish they still had the 53/10. Maybe a 408 with a mini-toggle. I think it would be understated yet awesome.

Yo Twinfan, long time no see! Saw that you put together a new PS build. You still sticking with the 408 pickups? I know you really liked them. Btw how's the Collection V treating you? Really amazing that one was. Wait you have two of them right?

Hey there! :cool: Yep, I will have 408s on the incoming - I don't use anything else any more! I love those pickups.

I do indeed have two Collection Vs, the one on the right in the pic below is my #1 and goes out to pub gigs on a regular basis. It's starting to look a bit relic'd....

byWmxFgKhlO-xlKG2SiRyWnIB055i4JMm55RhxJoBWmGdNhn66JWnQCUb0f9nQ_3MAFZ_CKvvOgTPw=w1366-h643-rw

I want a David Gilmour model....
What does that even mean? I mean his black strat is famous, but I found out that some of my favourite tones of his are from a cheap lap steel...and then my friend tells me there's another strat with EMGs...

(My response [to trying to figure out what a 'Gilmour guitar' is, has been to throw up my hands and practice.)

Last edited:
I want a David Gilmour model....
What does that even mean? I mean his black strat is famous, but I found out that some of my favourite tones of his are from a cheap lap steel...and then my friend tells me there's another strat with EMGs...

(My response has been to throw up my hands and practice.)
While I would love to have a Gilmour PRS model, I simply don't see that ever happening - he has never played a PRS AFAIK; he is far too well known for playing Strats (either Ole Blackie with traditional pups or the models he used in the 80s and early 90s with EMGs) or Telecasters (or his Broadcaster), the occasional Les Paul or Gretsch, and his brief foray into Steinbergers in the mid-80s. And Martin acoustics.

I cannot imagine what a Gilmour PRS would sound like, I've only seen him play three guitars, the black one, the torino red with EMG's and the white 54 rumored to have serial number 0000001. The guitar ws not verified as the first one made but some type of prototype.

I have to admit, I describe my EG-3 as Gilmourish because it has a black pick guard on a black guitar with 3 single coils. But so many Floyd songs were recorded with a Tele or something else entirely, and I've heard he has quite a collection. Reminds me of the Edge that way, Fender released an Edge Strat and I was like, say what?

You guys have no imagination!

I'd very much like to hear what a Gilmour would do with a couple of sweet humbuckers and an HX/DA...

Back