Private Stock Friday

I'm glad I didn't see this until this evening as I wouldn't have gotten anything done all day. STUNNING!

attachment.php

"There'll be bluebirds over, the white cliffs of Dover"

Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn? Remember how she said that 'we would meet again some sunny day'?

PS Friday trivia...

Which American guitarist also has a song called 'Cliffs Of Dover'? (Easy!)

I quoted a line from a song about Vera Lynn (who sung the line above that) above. But...

What song?
Which album?
What band?

Last edited:
Too easy:
Cliffs of Dover -- Eric Johnson
"Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn? Remember how she said that 'we would meet again some sunny day?" -- Roger Waters, Pink Floyd, The Wall, Side 3, "Vera" (I can always tell David Gilmour apart from Roger Waters -- Roger, for lack of a better description, always sounds more antiestablishmentarian.)

Too easy:
Cliffs of Dover -- Eric Johnson
"Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn? Remember how she said that 'we would meet again some sunny day?" -- Roger Waters, Pink Floyd, The Wall, Side 3, "Vera" (I can always tell David Gilmour apart from Roger Waters -- Roger, for lack of a better description, always sounds more antiestablishmentarian.)

Ha, it was too easy!

Always loved how Roger's lyrics worked so well with Gilmour's playing. Gilmour didn't care as much for the political stuff but it didn't matter.

Anyhow.. You win that lovely piece of wood in the picture...

And by that I mean the pencil! ;)

Ha, it was too easy!

Always loved how Roger's lyrics worked so well with Gilmour's playing. Gilmour didn't care as much for the political stuff but it didn't matter.

Anyhow.. You win that lovely piece of wood in the picture...

And by that I mean the pencil! ;)
:star:
I would appreciate it if my reward were kept for safekeeping until I have a chance to pick it up.
Putting that on my new business cards.
Or the credits on your next album, neh?
Antiestablishmentarian vocals by Serge
&c.

That's assuming it actually fits on business cards.

Last edited:
attachment.php

This apple loving band prefer their timbers from Northern Europe.

Band name, FULL song title and album?

The Beatles, Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown), Rubber Soul

I had to look up the full song name - if you hadn't noted that, I would never had known. Interesting.

The quote from Vera from Pink Floyd's The Wall was way too obvious/easy, at least for me. But I'm a Floyd Droid...

Last edited:
The Beatles, Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown), Rubber Soul

I had to look up the full song name - if you hadn't noted that, I would never had known. Interesting.

The quote from Vera from Pink Floyd's The Wall was way too obvious/easy, at least for me. But I'm a Floyd Droid...

Correct! Lovely tune. Not met a true Floyd fan yet who doesn't know even the finest of details!

While my Guitar Gently Weeps...with that timeless solo by EC (linking to Layla).

Back