Primus Chicago Theater - Ler breaks out the old PRS

aphantomvaper

Bend it to the Owl!
The title says it all. I was at the show. They were fantastic, and my one chance to see Farewell to Kings performed live.

This is Nature Boy, same axe Ler played at Woodstock 94! Good old Primus, if that's your cup of tea.

Cool! Ler is one of the players who made me take notice of PRS back in the 90's. This ad is forever etched in my brain...

s-l1600.jpg

Cool! I've only seen them twice. Both times opening for Rush on the Roll The Bones Tour. How'd Farewell To Kings sound?

Cool! I've only seen them twice. Both times opening for Rush on the Roll The Bones Tour. How'd Farewell To Kings sound?
They did it spot on with the Alex 335 and Geddy Rickenbacker, and also the SG Double neck and Rickenbacker doubleneck! I'm pretty sure these guitars were given or loaned from Alex and Geddy as they worked with Primus on all the songs.

Claypool can't sing those high notes, so an octave down but spot on pitch. It was superb! Makes me want them to do Moving Pictures next.

They did it spot on with the Alex 335 and Geddy Rickenbacker, and also the SG Double neck and Rickenbacker doubleneck! I'm pretty sure these guitars were given or loaned from Alex and Geddy as they worked with Primus on all the songs.

Claypool can't sing those high notes, so an octave down but spot on pitch. It was superb! Makes me want them to do Moving Pictures next.
Awesome! Moving Pictures would be bad a$$

Saw them last night in Baltimore...Well worth it...great show as always...Took Les a bit to get moving...but his fingers...DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
His vocals were great for FTKs...although he missed a note on Keyboards during Madrigal, and called himself out on it...with humor, of course.

Love 'em...even though they suck!!!!!

Just a fantastic show! Saw them early in the tour in Spokane. Nailed FTK musically - just Geddy's vocals are unattainable by anyone other than Geddy. And in true Les Claypool humor... this next tune is actually an obscure Jethro Tull song... (as they lead into Wynona's Big Brown Beaver )
JZNIC3F.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to see some Primus love and to see Ler pull out the old prs! He used it on a song for their streaming show last year which was awesome. Super tempted to go to this show Friday.
Do it!

Been looking for someone to go with but pretty much out of options at this point. If were closer to home, I might fly solo but not really feeling it with an hour+ drive each way by my self. I did see them the last time they came through in 2017.

Back