My first post, my first PRS

gtrdave

n+1 is the correct value
As the title says, I'm a PRS newbie. Bought an S2 Standard 24 a couple months ago and it's quickly become my #1 live guitar. I'm not a newbie guitarist at all; been playing since I was 12, so that makes 39 years now and I've been a paid professional most of those years, too, so I've owned and played my fair share of electrics and acoustics.
The S2 will not be my last/only PRS, though, as I'm interested in getting either a Vela or a CE22 next.

Anyway, just stopping in to say 'hi'. If you've spent anytime on either the old Harmony Central forums or TGP forums, we might know each other. Might have even jammed together. :)

Congrats on your first. Glad to hear that you quickly learned it won't be your last!

My first...

IMG_2509.jpg

That looks great! Love a satin finish!

Same here. One of my main axes prior to the PRS was a Les Paul BFG and I fell in love with the feel of the satin lacquer finish on that thing, so switching to the S2 Standard 24 satin was no biggie, although the neck profile is a bit different than the BFG (Pattern Standard vs. '50s chunky).
I've also owned a Les Paul LPJ w/ the vintage burst satin finish and it, too, felt very "right" in my hands.

Back