Price Increases on PRS Custom 24?

It's basic economics. Supply and demand. That takes place on both ends, meaning the production costs and the final product cost. Wood keeps getting more expensive. Guitars are in high demand from the consumer market. Demand is exceeding supply, so prices rise. Free markets are funny like that.

If a person thinks the prices are too high, then the obvious answer is not to buy. If enough consumers reach the same conclusion and act the same way, prices will fall.

PRS guitars have gone up way too high.
Sucks because I was gonna buy another this year. My $1300 is worth over $3000.
I got a mint SC250 last year for $1900 that I could sell for $3000.
What the?!

………well? Like seriously.
First…. Some of the posts from a year ago here in this thread didn’t take into account all of the CITES BS that went down in 2017 and didn’t resolve until 2019. Hello. Prices of materials?

Ultimately, I didn’t fall in love with my PRS until last year. When I did… and I’ll quote @Gnarmageddon …. I didn’t care if the price tag said “one kidney.” I’d have done it… and I’m about to again, with a smile. I’m not a fart sniffer. I’m not a PRS a$$ kisser…. I just know what calls my name. That said… if you ain’t digging the pricing, buy an SE or an S2 or some Ibanez or whatever calls yours.

Try running a boutique instrument company lately?
Thought not.

When I bought my first PRS it was a 2006 Cu24AP (the green one in my avatar) and the price was astronomical, but worth it, at $3300. You can no longer get the same guitar, but the best price on the closest thing to it is a new Cu24AP at $4700. That's $1400 bucks in 16 years. That averages out to about $88/year. Whether that is good or not depends on what you believe you get for the money. I think it's still worth it, but I'm glad I bought it when I did.

Back