Possible NGD

kmiko

Hey there.
Eventually I'll own a McCarty 594. But until the resources are there, it won't be too soon. But I have a chance to get a SE custom 24 for a pretty good price today. Before I jump at it, I'm wondering if any of you good people out there can tell me about any stark differences between the SE line and the more higher end PRS guitars. Especially the feel of the neck, and the quality of pick ups. And anything else that comes to mind.
Thanks!

I've had a SE custom 24 since 2015 (MIK). I've played two Core C24s and handled several more, sometimes with an option to buy. The Core models have the deep carve and the USA hardware & pickups. They are better looking too. But so far... I happen to like my SE better.

This YT vid deals with exactly what you are asking. Note at the pickup comparison at the end the Core model sustains longer. Bear in mind though that its volume is greater, which suggests that all other factors were not equal.

An SE CU 24 is a great way to start. My 2015 has stock pickups, but the wiring is getting replaced next week, along with the input Jack. I have both core and SE, and the 24 gets a lot of playing time in regular rotation. PRS guitars vary from guitar to guitar and model to model. I've never played a bad one. Some are spectacular. Just play the guitar, and see if it speaks to you with its sound. I've had around 30 pass through my hands to have the 7 I intend to keep. The pickups and model are different on every single one. Try and find your guitar, whether it's an SE or not.

Last edited:
And so it begins...my addiction started with the one of those too...We'll all encourage you and be very supportive, should you feel a sudden urge to get another, and another and another...(cough, cough enablers).

Killer score! Soooo, what's your next one gonna be? ;)

And so it begins...my addiction started with the one of those too...We'll all encourage you and be very supportive, should you feel a sudden urge to get another, and another and another...(cough, cough enablers).

Killer score! Soooo, what's your next one gonna be? ;)

At this point, I can only say, there will be another.:D

Back