Pickup Ring Screw Sizes and Other sizes?

Brian Garvin

Hey Guys,

I AM Excited to announce after 45 years of playing, I got my first PRS.
Should have done it years ago, now that I have it.

Although, I like to customize my guitars, and having a hard time finding part sizes
to replace things. It my hope not to ruin this awesome guitar with the wrong size parts!

Anyone know what Size the Pickup Ring Screw Sizes are for the 35th Anniversary SE?

What about screw sizes for the Guitar strap buttons? Length, diameter?

When I want to update the tuning heads, what size are the tuning head holes,
And what the heck size are the SE tuning heads? I see Phase 1, 2, and 3,
but can't seem to find any sizes.

The specs for all this should be listed somewhere, but I can't find it!

This is a great guitar, but feel that PRS is holding back info to keep the
parts cost high. Hope that isn't the case.

Any help would be great.

Personally, I find it easier to use PRS parts when possible. They’re not holding back info, these aren’t things most owners need to know. Unlike most guitars, you don’t NEED to replace SE parts, other than the nut. You might want to live with the guitar for a month before you start changing. See what you like and don’t like before you make changes. I think you’ll be pleased.

Personally, I find it easier to use PRS parts when possible. They’re not holding back info, these aren’t things most owners need to know. Unlike most guitars, you don’t NEED to replace SE parts, other than the nut. You might want to live with the guitar for a month before you start changing. See what you like and don’t like before you make changes. I think you’ll be pleased.

thanks for your opinion. why respond with no helpful information. I have things I want to change, looking for helpful input, which this is not.

if you can't help please do not waste peoples time with opinions. He may be nice but the info was a waste of
time. too many opinions not enough info.

Myself I thought he was helpful and have to agree the response was uncalled for and out of line. But let's all do the board a favor and stop right there before your fingers get suited suit up and ready for battle.

Anyways take screw out and go to the hardware store if you want cheap replacements. It's what most people do for any guitar besides just PRS. Cant' really do that for tuner buttons though. I tried lots of different tuning buttons for my SEs, luckily I have no shortage of them to test out. The best selection out there that fit are Hipshot.

i do appreciate your reply. So many forums you can't get any help. it seems no one can tell me the size screw i need. i am just wanting gold colored screws. I thought this would be a good place to get help.

I don't buy cheap screws or hardware
, just the opposite.i find some forums very helpful
. As a moderator in forums when a question is asked, we only reply with answers not opinions.

i do appreciate your reply. So many forums you can't get any help. it seems no one can tell me the size screw i need. i am just wanting gold colored screws. I thought this would be a good place to get help.

I don't buy cheap screws or hardware
, just the opposite.i find some forums very helpful
. As a moderator in forums when a question is asked, we only reply with answers not opinions.

By "cheap" I meant cheaper alternative. Gold alternatives besides PRS would be stewmac or some place of the like.

Back