Pickup experiment in my Bernies SE

Danerada

Goatee Practitioner
So I installed a 53/10 Squabbin in the neck and a nickel covered 53/10 in the bridge...here is my report from playing it on Sunday....

Ok…so Sunday I played the 53/10’s…squabbin and nickel covered bridge.

I played through my Line 6 rig using a Blackface Double patch (1965 Fender Twin Reverb) with a TS, Script Phaser, ping pong delay and a digital delay set to 780ms each.
Hillsong United set….

First song – Mighty to Save – Bridge pup, TS, ping pong delay. So, the intro was some picking of chords and the tone was smooth as silk even with the TS. There was a good bit of brightness without it sounding tinny or ice picky. Later in the song I stayed on the bridge pup and hit the strings hard playing some bar chords and WHOA! That thing literally brought them out of their seats! It was total rock n roll…total. Love love love it.

Second song – Hosanna – Neck pup, ping pong delay. Ummmm….I almost wet my pants. I play the intro differently than they do on the album. I do some stuff with the instrumental chording as the intro and it sounds really cool. Well the neck pup was incredibly full and clear and had as much complexity in the tone as a really really good acoustic guitar. It really sang on the slides and hammers….almost more sustain than I could control…. It is a very powerful and loud neck pup…I changed to the middle for the rhythm work on this song…beautiful marriage of tones and really allowed for a lot of guitar presence without a lot of amp volume….really cool

Third song – All I need is you (Chorus and bridge only). I used bridge pup with TS for the rhythm work and the neck for the solo type stuff….like having two guitars…each one perfect for each part….

My next set in here will be nickel covered 59/09's....I will get them soldered in Thursday evening....

This forum has no "This thread is useless without pics" smilie face.

I'll borrow one from the gear page.

worthless.gif

Not really...I sent a few to iahawk36, but I am a little out of tune and jsut playing some chords to get the tones to him...a little half hearted....

Back