Pickup Covers for Zach Myers SE?

Anomaly

"It's all success, if it's what you need."
Hey all. I got a Zach Myers SE and really enjoy the pickups, but would like to add some chrome pick up covers. Does anyone know what size covers are needed for the stock pickups? Thanks!

Measure the distance in mm between the two outside pole pieces, center to center. That will be the size covers you need. At least one vendor has a printable scale that you can use for easy measurement, but can’t remember who it is.

I think most stoptail SE pickups are 50mm. Do make sure you check first. Honestly...never noticed much of a tonal difference with covers compared to open. I used to desolder pickup covers off when I was younger, just to experiment. It was probably my crappy fingers, but the tone sounded the same, perhaps a bit rounder with the covers on.

BTW, like I usually do, highly suggest you look for covers at Philadelphia Luthier Supply. They have pretty much everything.

Last edited:
I put raw nickel covers on the SE 245 pickups in my first ZM guitar....definitely helped tame the treble as that set was hot...8k plus in the neck, 11k on the bridge (I believe it was a 2014 model).
I picked up the 2021 ZM in October (love the fit and finish on this one) and just had Duncan Seth Lovers and new PRS pots put in her. This guitar just oozes tone and smooth, 335 like vibes.

I put raw nickel covers on the SE 245 pickups in my first ZM guitar....definitely helped tame the treble as that set was hot...8k plus in the neck, 11k on the bridge (I believe it was a 2014 model).
I picked up the 2021 ZM in October (love the fit and finish on this one) and just had Duncan Seth Lovers and new PRS pots put in her. This guitar just oozes tone and smooth, 335 like vibes.
I have a 2020 ZM in Trampas Green. Just ordered some 50mm raw nickel pickup covers for it. It could use a little taming of the high end.

A green 3M pad will give those covers that PRS look.

Can I make a suggestion that if you do this, that you mount the pad into something (small vice, or clamp if between two pieces of timber and offer the cover up to the pad and not the other way around. It will give you better control over the finished product.

Goes without saying to go slow. Apologies if this is a “suck eggs” post.

Can I make a suggestion that if you do this, that you mount the pad into something (small vice, or clamp if between two pieces of timber and offer the cover up to the pad and not the other way around. It will give you better control over the finished product.

Goes without saying to go slow. Apologies if this is a “suck eggs” post.
Yep, I placed the pad on the basement floor with a piece of gorilla tape anchoring it, then draw the cover in slow, straight strokes, rotate on the sides. Clean with a microfiber cloth and alcohol….boom, brushed nickel.

Back