Phase III 'Tweaked' Re-Assembly

I wonder if it’s possible to pay to send the disassembled phase III tuners to the PTC after replating to have them reassembled to spec
I've asked the question, but haven't heard back. They have adjusted a few tweaked tuners when I had a guitar in for setup service, but they not service the tuners, especially if they have been plated.

I've asked the question, but haven't heard back. They have adjusted a few tweaked tuners when I had a guitar in for setup service, but they not service the tuners, especially if they have been plated.
Awesome, well now I too have emailed them about it so we shall see what they say!

I still haven’t heard back from customer service. Have you had any luck or updates? Ugh I wish it was easier to get black hardware.

Nothing back yet from PRS. I sent John Mann a few questions on Tuesday on the tweaked tuner adjustment. Waiting for a reply.

I know the 0.050" hex key (used for saddle height and trem arm bushing) is too large for the tuner spacer set screw. I ordered a set of micro kex keys in SAE and metric. They go down from 0.035" and 0.028", as well as 0.9mm and 0.7mm. One of those size is bound to fit the set screw.

BONDHUS Hex Key Set

Nothing back yet from PRS. I sent John Mann a few questions on Tuesday on the tweaked tuner adjustment. Waiting for a reply.

I know the 0.050" hex key (used for saddle height and trem arm bushing) is too large for the tuner spacer set screw. I ordered a set of micro kex keys in SAE and metric. They go down from 0.035" and 0.028", as well as 0.9mm and 0.7mm. One of those size is bound to fit the set screw.

BONDHUS Hex Key Set

I read somewhere that .9mm is the size you need but I guess we will find out for sure when your set comes!

I fully expect to bend/ruin the hex key, given how thin it is. I didn't want to order a multi-pack of the kex keys until I knew for sure what the size would be.

Nope. You can't even pay to have the PTC install them (i.e. buy them via the PTC). Strictly Wood Library and Private Stock. I have a friend who owns multiple Private Stocks and he is going to try and get different locking saddles. We'll see what they say.
Don't strip the 2 set screws per tuner either... Guarantee we won't get a replacement... Hate when you can't get weird 3rd party parts like phase III tweaked tuner hardware... Sux!

Back