Replacement buttons for tweaked Phase III tuners

CatStrangler

PRS Enthusiast
Hi all, I got a new private stock in today ( more on that in another thread)and wanted to put on a set of ebony buttons I had used on Phase III tuners previously. They don't seem to slide on as far as they should, have the specs to the tuner button shafts changed? I'll buy some from the shop if they will definitely fit well but don't want to buy another set that performs similarly. Any help appreciated.

I believe this is normal and a way to tell if it’s tweaked or not. I had the same thought when I changed a tuner button too.

Check with the PTC. I believe they have to tighten or loosen them. Before You take them off, I would definitely check with them.

mp4yBgV.jpg
Weird but i noticed a lot of buzzing happening on my 2019 core 594. I replaced the tuner buttons a couple weeks ago but apparently i left too far a gap. I thought it was equal to what was on before. Once I verified my action and that the nut was properly filed and lubricated I focused on the tuners since the buzzing was for sure coming from the headstock. The buzzing was from the tuner buttons vibrating. I tightened them all down. Now the gap is much smaller. And buzzing is now gone.

mp4yBgV.jpg
Weird but i noticed a lot of buzzing happening on my 2019 core 594. I replaced the tuner buttons a couple weeks ago but apparently i left too far a gap. I thought it was equal to what was on before. Once I verified my action and that the nut was properly filed and lubricated I focused on the tuners since the buzzing was for sure coming from the headstock. The buzzing was from the tuner buttons vibrating. I tightened them all down. Now the gap is much smaller. And buzzing is now gone.

I’m pretty sure there should be a small washer between the peg and the tuning machine.

Checked my Santana with Phase III’s and you’re right, no washer.

Well knock me down and call me Susan.

Back