Paul's guitar, 2018 experience, pickup review

Ironwolf

I'm a Dog! I do Dog Things!
Anybody ready to review their new guitar from the experience 2018 Paul's guitar?

I'm interested in gaining more single coil tone for my Paul's guitar.

It actually has been said on the forum there is Minimal difference between the single coil switch and the humbucker switch. That's my experience as well I almost leave it in single coil mode 90% of the time.

I would like it if PRS Tech center would offer the new electronics I would definitely upgrade to the new pickup configuration. The guitars super awesome as is, extremely good. I would like a little more Stratocaster flavor in it.

I did a search I can't find anybody reviewing it yet On the forum. Except for the two or three YouTube videos. Which make me want it badly.

Cheers

Try lowering them a little bit (to taste) and they will sound way better like they should. They’re on the high side from the factory, in my opinion. My Brent Mason was the same way until I figured that out. Sounds real good now. Hope this helps.

Try lowering them a little bit (to taste) and they will sound way better like they should. They’re on the high side from the factory, in my opinion. My Brent Mason was the same way until I figured that out. Sounds real good now. Hope this helps.

I did do that, for sure, I even tried lowering it lower than the pickup ring, But decided on flush with the pickup rings, it definitely helps.
Of course I'm just being nitpicky, but the new 2018 Paul's guitar special run promises the next level single coil tone. Combined with humbucker power in a narrow field.

Thanks

I hear ya man. I wish I could get the “narrow 408’s” in mine a tad better, but they’re way better than they were. It does help, but there is room for improvement. Prs will get it eventually I’m sure. They never stop.

Back