Paul Reed Smith, Beyond Guitars

I've been keeping tabs on this story for a bit now. Very cool, and impressive.

And, of course, as a dentist who utilizes radiograph technology every day, AND loves PRS guitars, I would like to see this make its way into my line of work!

I've been keeping tabs on this story for a bit now. Very cool, and impressive.

And, of course, as a dentist who utilizes radiograph technology every day, AND loves PRS guitars, I would like to see this make its way into my line of work!
Likewise. Well, keeping tabs. I'm not a dentist, nor in the medical profession. I just dig new technology.

His scientific approach is not new. It´s quite amazing what Paul is doing beside running his full time business as owner of PRS.
But foremost this "invention" and development occured outside the companies who deal with that as their own business.
The possible benefits - e. g. reducing the exposition to radiation by enhencing kind of algorithm- is very interesting for different areas of application.
Well done!

This is awesome, I remember seeing something on this. I hope it will be a huge benefit at some point. Great guitars are awesome, but improving quality of life is on a different plane. Thanks Shawn.

My speculation, It sounds like a a refined FT (Fourier Transform) treatment of the raw digital data? anyone have more specific info?

Considering they are looking for a patent...

I assume you are iimplying they won't divulge details until their patent app is approved. This is not a critique, but are they also looking for investors? If so, until the patent is published, you got nothing. No one dumps money into a "we have a good idea, just can't tell you specifics" operation. I present my results to VCs on a regular basis, and they need to be convinced of the IP space and FTO before they write checks.

Edit: I'll grant that the potential investors will sign CDAs, but in the current environment, I'll guess they will still want to see an approved patent application before investing.

Back