Paging Cory_T....this is your fault lol

sleary

Traded in my H&K grandmeeister today for this.....super happy with it for sure......

He he he, alright!
That is the Mini Rec 25 right?
Very nice!
How does it compare to your H&K?

I made a video of my Mark Five 25 a bit ago, the video is still rendering in Adobe Premier, that is if it turns out.
Trying to stitch two movies together, and will post it later in this section.
It is a NGD X2 thread played through my new amp ;)

Actually it's the rectro verb 25 which is like a mini rec but with reverb and much nicer covering.

I'll have to see your vid when you get it done ...

It's got better gain stage then the H&K. Nice cleans as well . I really didn't like all the editing with my iPad on the H&K, maybe just not liking computer based with amps.

Yes, I meant the Rectoverb, sorry.
Glad you are liking the amp.

There will not be much bottom end in my vid since it was shot with a DLSR.
I am not advanced enough to know how to mic up a second audio from the amp to my Zoom R24 recorder and sync that audio with the cameras video.
I can only do audio that way and import to Sound Cloud.

Yes I can relate to that. I don't know anything about recording either but I should learn. Too many ideas and so little recording lol....

Love the new Rectoverb 25! HNAD!
There will not be much bottom end in my vid since it was shot with a DLSR.
I am not advanced enough to know how to mic up a second audio from the amp to my Zoom R24 recorder and sync that audio with the cameras video.
I can only do audio that way and import to Sound Cloud.
I think you need a video editor program, where you can add an additional audio track. I believe you can have a mix of the original video audio and the additional audio track and mix them however you like. You could also take a multi-mic mix that was recorded on a DAW and put it in there. I have Cyberlink Power Director which came with a Wave Editor 2 program. I've barely used it, but it seems pretty solid and not too hard to use.

Enjoy that amp!
Mrs. Bebop gave me a Rectoverb 25 combo a few weeks ago as a work anniversary gift (30 years w/ the company) and it's quickly becoming my favorite.
It's interesting just how different it's voicing is from the Mini Rec head we already have. Taking speakers/cabs into account, the two amps are not identical... some folks attribute this to the choke they added to the Rectoverb.
They both are incredible low-watt amps though...with way more usable volume available than expected. Worth every penny....

Rock!

Enjoy that amp!
Mrs. Bebop gave me a Rectoverb 25 combo a few weeks ago as a work anniversary gift (30 years w/ the company) and it's quickly becoming my favorite.
It's interesting just how different it's voicing is from the Mini Rec head we already have. Taking speakers/cabs into account, the two amps are not identical... some folks attribute this to the choke they added to the Rectoverb.
They both are incredible low-watt amps though...with way more usable volume available than expected. Worth every penny....

Rock!

Im still trying to figure out the reverb knobs lol.....the gain on this amp is very useable for sure . I've actually had to turn it down because it's supernheavy . Much more than the grandmeeister. I love the cleans on it too. I sir will enjoy it

I think it is a Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR) camera that you are talking about. A DLSR camera, on the other hand, is like a DLS100H Marshall head, or a DLS40C Marshall combo. the DSL100H and DSL40C are great current production import all tube Marshalls, but the other designations do not exist and are figments of the imagination.

Getting something like a small, inexpensive Yamaha MG10xxxx EFX mixer would handle two or more microphones really well and it has a usb connection to a computer, as well as a simple stereo RCA jack output to a recording source; plus it is a very nice overall mixer for connecting powered speakers, mp3 players, guitars, and other band instruments and mics, etc., for live work. Recording can be a whole new World or dimension to music and can take a significant amount of time to master and successfully bring to use.

You should be able to master simple recording of one or two sources easily though, and should be able to bring this new realm of music production/reproduction into your skill set with a reasonable amount of experimentation and quality feedback from an experienced friend. And it can be done for a reasonable investment if you study what is available and find quality gear that covers your scope of need. On the other hand you don't want to wind up with an expensive pile of junk that you don't like and never use.

Last edited:
Crap! so now this thread has me considering the Recto-Verb25 over the Mark V 25 for two reasons. It's a couple hundred $$$ less than the Mark V 25 AND the aesthetics of the Recto-verb appeal to me. Call me shallow but I really like the Rectoverb's looks (especially the Rectifier font), the very clean/simple control layout and the grill material. Sound counts for everything but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that looks play big role as well. My guess is that the Mark V is the better overall performer in terms of versatility but what other reasons might there be for why someone would go with the Rectoverb over the Mark V 25 at this point?

Rectro verb has 4 tone settings and the mark v25 has 6 plus has the cab clone built in. I'm very impressed with the tones out of the rectro verb. I just got done playing around with cabs ....

My Marshall 1960 4x12 has celestial g175's
My Saxon 2x12 has eminence Texas heat/swamp thang

I actually like the sound of the Saxon much better. Still feels full and compares with the Marshall....

Crap! so now this thread has me considering the Recto-Verb25 over the Mark V 25 for two reasons. It's a couple hundred $$$ less than the Mark V 25 AND the aesthetics of the Recto-verb appeal to me. Call me shallow but I really like the Rectoverb's looks (especially the Rectifier font), the very clean/simple control layout and the grill material. Sound counts for everything but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that looks play big role as well. My guess is that the Mark V is the better overall performer in terms of versatility but what other reasons might there be for why someone would go with the Rectoverb over the Mark V 25 at this point?

This guy does a decent job of comparing the two... he has a couple of vids about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwN-0rHBO_k

I looked at every vid I could find however no video can capture what you hear in person. What I heard compared to you tube were very much different. Just a thought ....

Sleary, the guy who did the Mark Five 25 and RectoVerb demos awhile back uploaded a new one today.
He is comparing the Mark Five 25s five band slider to the separate pedal from Taurus Pedals (not to be confused with Mesa's own five band pedal that they make) paired with the RectoVerb.

I thought they both sounded good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that one too, thank you for posting it. One thing I thought he was wrong about. He said the rectro can't do heavy gain at bedroom level. Actually it can go down low enough and still get the Mesa growl....

Haha my bedroom does get loud sometimes ..wink wink lol

Sounds like I could get close to the Mark V 25 with a Rectoverb 25 and the Taurus pedal. Maybe not as crisp on the chunk strumming but pretty dog gone close I'd say.

I've heard there is a BIG volume jump when going from Vintage to Modern on the Rectoverb. That kinda has me concerned but not really as honestly I am unlikely to switch from Vintage to Modern during a lead jam and that would seem to be the only downside to the volume jump (correct me if I'm wrong).

My standard set up would be dial channel 1 in for a nice clean tone then set channel 2 up as my lead with some gain. Using the channel 1 and channel 2 volume knobs I can dial individual volumes for each channel to taste so that switching between the two channels doesn't result in a huge volume bump. That sound about right?

I'm loving both these heads but for some reason the Rectoverb on a Mesa/Boogie Mini Rectifier Cabinet - 1x12" Slant Black with Cream & Black Weave Grille is "Speaking to me" at the moment :)

I find going from channel 1 to channel 2 , no volume drop however I do find going from vintage to modern , a jump in volume. I'm running a 2x12 and absolutely love it

On channel two of the Mark Five 25 when going from the first two settings to number three which is extreme, a big jump.
That that third setting is so rich in sustain/gain.

I forgot to mention Corey...seems like you are an inabiler lol

I was on the Gibson forum and you posted your se cu24 and that day I ordered one. All of my gibsons were sold there after and all prs stable now. Now you post about Mesa and I'm on it yet again. Please don't buy a porche or I'm soooo screwed lol

Back