P245 manual?

Dusty Chalk

alberngruppenführer
(Hi, first post, not first PRS.)

I just got a P245 (this one), and the little booklet doesn't tell me what all the knobs and switches do. Any help? I found the P22 stuff, thinking it'd be closest, but it has a 5-way switch instead of two 3-ways. The P245, since it's a single cutout, has a "Les Paul positioned" switch at the top, is one of them, and the other is down by the knobs.

Thanks in advance for any help!

(I realize this is a newb question, but I'm a newb, so...hey.)

The mini-switch should allow you to pick piezo, mag pickups or both when using the "mixed" output jack. The third knob should work exactly as the instructions on the P22 say, as a blend between the 2 different pickup systems. And a push/pull to split the coils. The upper 3 way is a typical "Gibson" style.....Bridge, neck, both.

The mini-switch should allow you to pick piezo, mag pickups or both when using the "mixed" output jack. The third knob should work exactly as the instructions on the P22 say, as a blend between the 2 different pickup systems. And a push/pull to split the coils. The upper 3 way is a typical "Gibson" style.....Bridge, neck, both.
Right. If you use both jacks to separate amps, the "blend" knob just becomes a normal volume pot for the piezo pickups.

Cool color!

^^^

Yes. And be sure you DO try using separate amps, as that is the best way to get the maximum benefit of the two sounds.

mini switch down is mags only
mini in middle is mag/piezo
mini up is piezo only

Back