P24 Trem, or Custom 24 and a HBII?

tomsamuels

Does the P24 Trem do a good job of combining the awesomeness of a Custom 24 with the amazing piezo blending found in the HBII? If I can kill two GAS birds with one stone, the wife would approve.

I dunno, I think you should buy all three and compare. And then discover thay all have unique voicings that cannot be sacrificed, and keep them all...

In all honesty, I would bet the P24 Trem would of course cover the Cu24 sounds, and do a pretty good job of covering most of the HB sounds, but there would be certain sounds that result from the actual hollow body resonating that would not quite be there. But they might not be what you really need...

My P24 Trem is easily the equal if not the better of my 2001 Custom 24. I don't say that lightly. The piezo pickup is fantastic and it easily beats the overall sound/tone of the Fishman soundhole pick-up in my Martin D35. Unfortunately I have never owned or played an HBII so I can't comment on that. I do not see me taking the Martin on stage any more as the P24 easily handles the chores it was tasked with. I love my P24 Trem!

Never tried the HBII, but I've used my P22(53/10) live thru the PA, it sounded quite amazing! very convincing acoustic sound, and the dual mode was very useable and fun to use.

Back