P22 vs Hollowbody ii?

Rivers

I was wondering if any one could tell me what kinda tonal differences these two guitars would have? Would the HB 2 be brighter sounding or more mellow / woody?

Thanks!

I don't have a HBII, but I've played one, and I have a P22. There will be some tonal differences due to hollow vs. solid body, but I think a bigger difference will be due to the fact that the HBII does not have any split coil pickup capability, just traditional LP style 3 way switching. The P22's 5 way includes both pickups in single coil together and the bridge HB+neck single. It can actually cover some Fender territory reasonably well.

The H2 has exceptional clarity in both chords and single notes. More than my very nice DGT and 305.

I have a 2012 single cut hollow body 2 with 57/08 and a 2012 p22 with 53/10... I love both guitars but favor p22 more just love 53/10s ... both guitars have a unique sound of their own . I think hollowbody might sound a little darker actually

Hollowbody sounds "hollow with piezo" and the P22 sounds "solid with piezo", that makes any sense??

P22 is a solid guitar and works great with distortion and overdrive as a good solid guitar, the hollowbody with piezo works also great with overdrive and distortion (taking care of the feedback) but I prefer the clean set up with stereo sound.

Back