SE 594 SC compared to Zach Myers 594

Newcitypraise

Hello all. I’m wanting a LP style guitar and have settled on these two models. I unfortunately don’t have either local to try out so I thought I’d ask you all. I am aware of the differences spec-wise. I’ve watched anll the vids and read all the posts.
Ultimately I am wondering what the differences are in tone. I mostly edge of breakup to medium gain and do not like thin sounding guitars. Which of these would be warmer/thicker but still clear/articulate? And which sounds closer to a LP in the bridge at low to mid gain (“raunchy” without being too thin I guess)?
I appreciate any help!

I haven't played a Zach Myers, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but with 335-style semis I've always found them to be very thin sounding with gain, almost like an LP through a fuzz instead of amp gain. I like them just fine for cleans and mild overdrive, but as soon as the gain gets more into that "crunch" territory, I start to hate it. Now... that Zach Myers is only partially hollowed, so it may not have that "fuzz" characteristic at all. Weigh relieved LPs seem to be just fine, so this may too.

I'm also not all that familiar with the 245 pickups, but my understanding is that they're a darker pickup than the 85/15 LT S that's in the 594, but I don't feel that my 594 gives up anything to my hotter pickups at higher gain. Plenty of low end, and you could always roll the tone back if you want less highs.

I haven't played a Zach Myers, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but with 335-style semis I've always found them to be very thin sounding with gain, almost like an LP through a fuzz instead of amp gain. I like them just fine for cleans and mild overdrive, but as soon as the gain gets more into that "crunch" territory, I start to hate it. Now... that Zach Myers is only partially hollowed, so it may not have that "fuzz" characteristic at all. Weigh relieved LPs seem to be just fine, so this may too.

I'm also not all that familiar with the 245 pickups, but my understanding is that they're a darker pickup than the 85/15 LT S that's in the 594, but I don't feel that my 594 gives up anything to my hotter pickups at higher gain. Plenty of low end, and you could always roll the tone back if you want less highs.
Thank you! I ordered the 594 in faded blue. It’ll be here tomorrow. Can’t wait!

Back