On The Hunt for My First PRS

Look on Reverb or in shops for a core Mira. There are several up for $1300 or less in great shape. They’re super nice guitars, light and resonant. Think mix between SG and LP Junior. You can spot the ones I’m referring to most easily by the pickguard. Heres a link to one for reference (not associated with seller, btw, just an example):

My gut is telling me to go with an S2 as well. I think the SE will leave me wanting more but we will see if that changes once I find a few to play.

Be wary of your gut then, it’s misleading you!

Objectively, there isn’t a great deal of difference between the two, yet one can cost twice as much as the other one...

My advice, as always, ignore what it says on the headstock, play as many as you can and buy the one that chooses you ;-)

Be wary of your gut then, it’s misleading you!

Objectively, there isn’t a great deal of difference between the two, yet one can cost twice as much as the other one...

My advice, as always, ignore what it says on the headstock, play as many as you can and buy the one that chooses you ;-)
After playing both, the S2 more than justified the cost difference in my opinion. I thought the finish and feel of the guitar was much better. I also checked out a CE24 and that has opened up a whole new can of worms :)

Look on Reverb or in shops for a core Mira. There are several up for $1300 or less in great shape. They’re super nice guitars, light and resonant. Think mix between SG and LP Junior. You can spot the ones I’m referring to most easily by the pickguard. Heres a link to one for reference (not associated with seller, btw, just an example):

I thought the Mira might be too similar to my LP standard but I might be wrong. I am looking for something totally different than my LP or Strat.

Without hesitation S2 Vela

I don't usually suggest off list guitars but looking at your list and what you own, get the Vela.

Back