Oh the sweet smell of Brazilian rosewood...

This most recent Wood Library McCarty has a BRW fretboard and the neck is maple, but I don't sniff it, so there's definitely something I need to start doing... ;)

Two nice PRS gitars in the thread already.....

ac4f6abd6bbfb4da846c7e69078b6e3a_zpsrd3tzxop.jpg

For me, all three of the main components of this pic are "everyday new guitar" material. While I purchased the 408 and the Marshall myself just a couple months ago, I had my wife 'give' them to me as a big combi bday-anniversary-Xmas gift. So the 408 is currently next to the Xmas tree :) And the Squier Standard Stratocaster received a new pickguard, with noiseless pups and the S1 switch, just before I stumbled on the 408. So every time I plug either of those guitars into that amp, it's new guitar day all over again!!

They should clearly combine BRW with eau de bicycle seat.

Ummmm.......I've done a lot of riding, not like Tour De France riding, but a substantial number of miles. I don't think you want anything to smell even remotely like my bicycle seat.:eek: Maybe like Christie Brinkley's seat....

Ummmm.......I've done a lot of riding, not like Tour De France riding, but a substantial number of miles. I don't think you want anything to smell even remotely like my bicycle seat.:eek: Maybe like Christie Brinkley's seat....

I don't even want to smell her bicycle seat. But I also don't want to sniff my guitar's neck. Just not that guy.

BTW, back around '70-'71 I raced bicycles with the Wolverine Sports Club, a local bicycling club. Did a lot of long rides. At the time I had a Raleigh Professional, all Reynolds double butted tubing, full Campy including the brakes and hubs. Beautiful bike, and I maintained it until my son took it to LA a few years ago, where he still has it!

I really need to get back into cycling come Spring, it's great fun and wonderful exercise.

By the way, I lost all races. I was really, really slow, and then law school kind of got in the way, and I rode less and less, eventually devolving into the unhealthy slob who needed heart surgery, so never do what I do. LOL

It sucks when "life" gets in the way of the things we love to do. If only keeping up with those things was as easy as saying so.......

I've got a bucker version of that... how do you like the P90's??
Sweet guitars indeed!!

It has a nice smooth mid-range honk to it, yet when you roll back the volume knob you get so many different tones. It cleans up really well even with an overdrive or distortion pedal on. Just roll off the volume and it's like clean! Not as chimey as a maple top though.

How different does the Korina sound compared with the mahogany/maple version?

The Korina has a smooth mid-rangy sound but is a little deficient in the higher/crispy tones. But any good tube amp will help compensate. I've come to really appreciate P-90's. An often overlooked and underrated pickup in my opinion.

Back