Nut on core CU 24

Summer

So I’m looking at a new core CU24 but nut type shows “synthetic/bronze powder blend” which I’ve never heard of before.
Bone and graphite and tusk seem to be best, I thought. IMHO the nut plays a huge part in a guitar staying in tune.
Question, of those that have this type nut, how is tuning stability, I can find No reviews/ mention of quality and thus is an expensive guitar.
Help appreciated. Thanks.

Both sentiments above are well founded. I remember a couple years ago Paul went through a phase where he would demonstrate the nuts at his meet and greet events. He would drop nuts on the table and have the audience listen to the sound of the impacts. He dropped cheap plastic ones and bone ones and then his favorite ones. You could hear the difference in tone and sustain. I suspect that is when he developed what we have now. Whatever it is, it's probably better than what was in there before.

Ok, great to hear. I've watched the you tube of him dropping them on a table and it's very interesting. Majority of the new Paul's Guitars have bone nut but the majority of the core 35th anniversary cu24 have this synthetic nut which I'm assuming if he's installing those on the anniversary guitar, they should be strong. I just had never heard of them before so appreciate you guys help and vote of confidence. Thanks again. Happy Saturday.

I remember a couple years ago Paul went through a phase where he would demonstrate the nuts at his meet and greet events.He would drop nuts on the table and have the audience listen to the sound of the impacts.

Hehe....he said good nuts...hehe

Hehe.....he said he would drop nuts on the table....hehe

Pretty sure the materials have never been advertised from PRS. As everyone stated, PRS has great nuts(amazed it took 8 posts for the jokes, disappointing)!
The bone nuts didn’t really appear til the 594 came out. To keep it more traditional.

All of my guitars that have a trem have core nuts, including the SE’s. I have a bone nut on my SE’s AL15 and SE Hollowbody Standard. No material is “better” all the time on everything. If it’s on a core PRS, it’s as good as you can get.

Back