NuGD, and it showed up in tune!

watelessness

I needed something that didn't feedback at high volumnes like my HBII so I snagged this P22 last week from Brian at Guitar Sanctuary. I'm not sure which I appreciate more, the guitar coming out of the box in tune or the smell of case. :D

PRS_13_P22_body_front_800.jpg
PRS_13_P22_body_back_800.jpg

Love the color. Congratulations .

I like the smell out of the case myself, means I just got a NGD lol

Love it. Plus, props for the Marshall basketweave grill cloth similarity on sofa. :top:

Oh, nice!

I saw a used gold top P22 at a local shop Saturday, which is exactly what I'd look for if I had the funds. But that blue could sway me pretty easily!

NICE! I've gigged my P22 hard since I got it a few months back. LOVE not dragging a big acoustic case around, and especially not having to change guitars several times during a set!

very nice!

Do you find you use the piezo much live, on either the HBII or your P22?
And how do the 2 compare?
Yes, I know it's only early days for your P22, but still keen to know what you think of the difference.

I've only tried the Piezo a few times with my HBII and it really isn't doing it for me so far (either into my Mesa Roadster, or direct to PA).

Beautiful guitar! Congrats and enjoy that thing! One point though, shipping a guitar in tune is a MAJOR no no. ALWAYS de-tune to take tension off the neck, and pad the back of the headstock. Believe me, I have found out the hard way not once, but twice. Once my fault, once the shippers fault. Cracked and or broken necks are not a fun thing.

One point though, shipping a guitar in tune is a MAJOR no no. ALWAYS de-tune to take tension off the neck, and pad the back of the headstock. Believe me, I have found out the hard way not once, but twice. Once my fault, once the shippers fault. Cracked and or broken necks are not a fun thing.

That's what I've always heard too Tag, and I've always personally shipped guitars this way. Interestingly I'm positive that PRS does not de-tune their guitars for shipping. I've received unopened guitars direct from the factory and from PTC that were perfectly tuned right out of the box, on multiple occasions. Maybe someone from the PTC (Shawn?) would weigh in on the official PRS policy on this.

Thanks, guys!

Happy NGD
what awesome color is this ?
i believe that it's aquableux

Congrats! 53/10s or 57/08s?
53/10's at the moment but not for long...

very nice!

Do you find you use the piezo much live, on either the HBII or your P22?
And how do the 2 compare?
Yes, I know it's only early days for your P22, but still keen to know what you think of the difference.

I've only tried the Piezo a few times with my HBII and it really isn't doing it for me so far (either into my Mesa Roadster, or direct to PA).
I use acoustic on at least half a dozen tunes, clean channel of the Archon and before that the C. I previously owned a P22 with maple neck but didn't bond with the slippery neck. I've had great luck sonically with the HBII but I could not master the feedback. The HBII and P22 both sound like acoustics but they have their own voices. My HBII is older so the version of the piezo may play a part but I'm sure the hollowness adds to the open airyness, whereas this P22 is quite tight, albeit very loud.

Beautiful guitar! Congrats and enjoy that thing! One point though, shipping a guitar in tune is a MAJOR no no. ALWAYS de-tune to take tension off the neck, and pad the back of the headstock. Believe me, I have found out the hard way not once, but twice. Once my fault, once the shippers fault. Cracked and or broken necks are not a fun thing.
I've never had a problem with a PRS either inbound or outbound. If they comes from the factory in tune, that's good enough for me.

Back