No PRS amp covers

From my post on 7/10:

It's common knowledge that most amp manufacturers(with a couple of exceptions) don't provide amp slip covers or if they do, they'll charge you extra. As for me, I didn't need a 'road case' or high end padded slip covers for my PRS HXDA Head and Big Mouth Cabinet, just basic black cost effective vinyl covers to keep the dust off and to prevent scratches when putting them in the trunk and/or back seat of the car. (And The HXDA Head is the same size as the 25th Anniversary, btw) And they already had the template for the Cabinet.

Solution:

http://www.amplifiercovers.com/

Just got mine today. They fit perfectly. One thing, they don't have a warehouse, so when you order, they make yours just for your rig so you need to take accurate measurements of course.

Highly Recommended.

For light duty taking the amp to studios, venues, etc., Studio Slips makes a very ingenious zip-around cover that protects the whole amp, top, sides, front, back and bottom. They're very nicely padded, light weight, do a great job.

This is if you need something more than an unpadded cover but don't need a road case.

Guys....thanks for the info. I guess I'm more so, nudging PRS to start making their own. Yes I can go to a third party company that makes them...and I will eventually. And FYI, a good number of amp manufacturers make their own covers that you can buy with a couple of them including a cover in the purcahse. No, of course...not a lot of the boutique companies....but, Orange, Marshall, Mesa, Egnater, Line 6, Fender, EVH....all do, to name a few.

Anyway....I'll order one from 3rd party. Thanks.

I would really like PRS to make their own labeled amp and cabinet covers, of course there should be an extra charge. It would be a business within a business for them and we know they´ll make Top Quality ones.

Unless something recently changed, PRS does make their own covers. I have one. Unless the dimensions of the Archon are so unique, the standard head cover should work.

I am as OCD as can be, yet I don't have covers for my current amps. This could be because I don't actually take them anywhere.

But if I did, I'd want to protect the bottom of the amp as well as the other surfaces. So I'd get a Studio Slip even if my amp came with a standard cover. I'd love to see PRS offer these, only with the PRS logo. That'd be pretty sharp!

After much shopping, I just ordered two covers from those guys (amplifiercovers.com)
They offer colors, and piping, and returned several e-mails to see if they could do one cover for my head and cabinet together. Just a dust cover, it doesn't leave the house.
They could, and at a reasonable price too. They were also the best choice for my Blues Jr. too.
I sent the same request to studio slips, and after several days, I was told my order wasn't worth their time.
YMMV.

Oh, did I forget to mention that you have to be special, like me? LOL! ;)
Well, you are!
Seriously, I asked for something that they had a pattern for, but wanted it an inch bigger. I even sent drawings and measurements. FAIL.
I guess they have enough business without having to think outside the box(es). That's okay, I'd rather drop my bucks with the people who want them. Amplifiercovers.com

Well, you are!
Seriously, I asked for something that they had a pattern for, but wanted it an inch bigger. I even sent drawings and measurements. FAIL.
I guess they have enough business without having to think outside the box(es). That's okay, I'd rather drop my bucks with the people who want them. Amplifiercovers.com

Seriously, it's weird that they wouldn't do one. Back when I had them made for a pair of Two-Rocks, everything was custom, and I had to measure the amps.

Thanks for following up Shawn. Good news. I'll just be careful at my next few gigs and wait it out.

PRS Amp and Cabinet covers are not listed for sale (at this writing) on the "Online Accessory Store" you need to call PRS directly for Availability and Pricing for whatever model you have, as per an email I just received from Matt King. If you need one, right away, and they don't have at it this time, or won't in the future, you'll need to go to a 3rd party maker of your choice.

Back