Effects loop

Villa718

Hi folks I just purchased a Archon 50 watt MKII I am having an issue where when I use the effects loop with my HX Effects the dirty channel is not dirty the amp shows dirty and clean channel when engaged with the amps foot switch. The volume knobs also do nothing, I have only clean audio.

When I remove the cables from effect loop I have normal dirty and clean channels with control volume knobs.

I run the same set up with my Triple Rectifier and no issues, I assumed I could do the same set up with new Archon. Any suggestions on a fix or what is causing this concern is very much appreciated.

That Is Odd. Let Me Think On That A Bit And See What I Can Come Up With To Try And Help You. Is Anything Else Going On That Is Weird In Any Way? Do You Have Any Other Pedals You Can Use To See How It Responds To Them?

You May Be Best Served Calling Tech Support And Making A Warranty Claim.

That Is Odd. Let Me Think On That A Bit And See What I Can Come Up With To Try And Help You. Is Anything Else Going On That Is Weird In Any Way? Do You Have Any Other Pedals You Can Use To See How It Responds To Them?

You May Be Best Served Calling Tech Support And Making A Warranty Claim.
Yes I tried the effects loop with just a reverb pedal via the loop and no issue this way.

It sounds like your preamp is getting bypassed somehow and your HX unit is just sending the guitar signal to the effects return. Seems like someone else here with an HX had that problem a while back, too. Maybe try to dig that thread up. I don’t think it’s a problem with the amp (at least not something a different Archon would solve).

Are you going guitar to HX to effects loop return?

Or are you going guitar to amp input, and send to hx to return?

If you're doing the first one, then yes, all gain stages and channel switching are before the effects loop. Otherwise you'd end up distorting stuff like loopers and delay, which most people don't want.

Are you going guitar to HX to effects loop return?

Or are you going guitar to amp input, and send to hx to return?

If you're doing the first one, then yes, all gain stages and channel switching are before the effects loop. Otherwise you'd end up distorting stuff like loopers and delay, which most people don't want.
I’m doing the secon option which is working

Back