No love for the Marty Friedman SE?

Serenity

How come i see so little on the Marty Friedman SE on this forum? Most other PRS models get a lot of love but there is almost nothing on the Friedman sig. Is it because of the Stars? I actually prefer 'em to the birds, and the guitar looks killer!
600x450-2014071300047.jpg

That's a really good-looking guitar, Serenity - I dig the stars (although I prefer birds).

I honestly never saw one in any local store - mega chain or mom-n-pop, so never tried one out. Even the stores around me that stock alot of SEs never got one in.

I think you may have something there with the stars, but I always thought it was a great looking guitar. I was seriously thinking about getting one at one point.

Played one once in a local GC but it just didn't sit right with me. This might have to do with the fact that I'm just not a fan of singlecuts anymore though.
I'm with Mr. Carl though, I prefer the birds. If that was Marty's idea great job at turning people off on his 'signature model' that he never should have had...

Marty who?

Nice. Marty Friedman is mainly know as the former co-lead guitarist of Megadeth through the 90's and early '00s. He was always a faithful Jackson player - NEVER a PRS player. And then all of a sudden he has a signature model. It was like. It was a massive slap in the face to artists that PRS has worked with for years and strung along in artist development for mass produced signature models that would have sold leaps and bounds better then Marty's model.

It is an amazingly toneful guitar! I have had the opportunity to play 2 different ones and they play really well. They are well balanced and the pickups are really good for stock. It can be a real workhorse for the money. I do kick myself for not grabbing the last one i saw.

uuuhhh... he's been playing PRS for some time now. Check his FB page... he plays a different guitar every day it appears (not all PRS...)
He's been a big influence on many players for a long time. He was in Cacophony with Jason Becker (ever heard of him??) back in the day.
He played along side of Paul Gilbert (ever heard of him??) on a Japanese TV show called 'Rock Fujiyama'... FUN show! Look it up.
Google is your friend ;)

Marty's the greatest lead guitarist that thrash has ever heard. His performance on Rest In Peace is unparalleled by any of the "Big Four" players, its not even close, and I'm not all that loyal of a Megadeath fan.

I'm not what you'd call a Marty Friedman fan but i do appreciate that he's a great player. I was lucky enough to see him play with Megadeth twice, once on the Rust In Peace tour and once on the Countdown To Extinction tour. His solo stuff is not really my thing. I just really like the look of the guitar, and the fact that it's his sig doesn't sway me one way or the other.

Back