NMGD - The SAS \m/

justmund

Plank Spanker
New Modified Guitar Day! It's Monday here so might as well add some fodder for Modified Monday

Introducing The SAS \m/... This one started out as a SAS Narrowfield 25th Anni, I routed some holes in it and whacked in a triple pack of uncovered PRS \m/ (Metal) pickups. I installed a different 5-way, so middle position is bridge/neck. There's a push-pull which taps the neck and middle (complete with resistors to ground) and once I get another PRS push-pull I'll either do a passive mid-cut, or just have a coil tap for the bridge on the tone pot and neck/middle on the volume pot.

It's not 100% finished, the middle pickup isn't quite in the right place and the bridge PU ring isn't one of the later "universal" rings.

No before shots, but you all know what these look like with Narrowfields...

Tone report to come, band practice tonight. Initial impressions are the \m/s are a lot darker than I thought they would be, possibly a consequence of being higher output/more winds than a usual 5x/xx pickup.

If you can't see the pics, click here :)

25647702590_5323b17e3d_b.jpg

25319371813_47282e9144_b.jpg

25319582763_75beb08eb3_b.jpg

25948277015_21212e9678_b.jpg

25827514002_22e1384289_h.jpg

Edit - Apparently the pics weren't working for some peeps, have changed the links and added a link to the Flickr album.

Last edited:
That, my friend, is righteously BANGIN'!!!!!!!!!! I f@cking love it!

Insane!!!

What do you think of the \m/'s? Are they a totally modern vibe, or do they have any hint of a vintage pickup with more output?

Good lord! That's amazing.

What scale length are the SASs?

You have been a very busy boy...this is too cool for school. Great stuff there. Cannot wait for clips of this one!

Thanks everyone!

Insane!!!

What do you think of the \m/'s? Are they a totally modern vibe, or do they have any hint of a vintage pickup with more output?

TBH I've spent less than 15 minutes playing it, we had rehearsal tonight and there was way more talking than playing.

Good lord! That's amazing.

What scale length are the SASs?

I believe 25"

Very nice - was this the one in Melbourne?

I think so, was on Gumtree a few months back, I've been keeping this one quiet ;)

Owner!

Flawless execution. How does it sound?

Not sure (see above and below)

You have been a very busy boy...this is too cool for school. Great stuff there. Cannot wait for clips of this one!

Clips will be done as soon as I have a chance! The wiring is a bit funny at the moment, the bridge and middle are out of phase (I chose this over neck and middle) and the middle pickup as permanently split until I can get another push-pull (they're crazy expensive in Aus).

The Mod-King strikes again!!!!

Whoa, OK thanks! I don't think I deserve that title but I'd rather be The Mod-King than King of the Mods (Mighty Boosh reference)! :p

For these justmund posts, I would ask forum admins to add an "applause" smiley ... :applause:

Back