Nitro tone is so much better than poly tone

Update on this: I googled pickups and now know what you mean. Ugh so this will probably take another three months of expirementing with different kinds of pickups?? Why dont they make this stuff easier? How does one go about welding in a new pickup? :confused:

Update on this: I googled pickups and now know what you mean. Ugh so this will probably take another three months of expirementing with different kinds of pickups?? Why dont they make this stuff easier? How does one go about welding in a new pickup? :confused:
I use a mig welder. Do you have 240v access at your house?

And pickup height is very important, so once you weld in ever new set of pickups, you've got to get the height correct. You're going to need a microscope for that.

And rubber gloves. You don't want to contaminate the 99.99999999999% oxygen free copper wire, or you have to start all over. That's why this type of job is usually best left to your landscaper or HVAC repairman.

Do trolls play guitar?

As a matter of fact, trolls do play guitar. All trolls, in fact, play guitar, but they only know one song.

Yes, it is "Under The Bridge".

febd365e95f682fa25f11e1efaaf53ea08b03ec9.gif

And pickup height is very important, so once you weld in ever new set of pickups, you've got to get the height correct. You're going to need a microscope for that.

And rubber gloves. You don't want to contaminate the 99.99999999999% oxygen free copper wire, or you have to start all over. That's why this type of job is usually best left to your landscaper or HVAC repairman.
Sorry cant tell if you are being serious or not

Grasshopper, you have much to learn…..I’m 50 years into guitar playing, and you cannot convince me that one single facet can always make the guitar sound better. Get ready to go down the rabbit hole if you’re serious…….

After doing more research I found out that I need to solder the pickups. Is soldering basically a miniature version of welding?

The real question is whether or not its politically 'safe' to click the [Like] button.
Oh no... I had never thought about this. If it's not OK to "like" 10 year old post from defunct members, is it ok to "like" troll posts.

These are the things that keep me awake at night, Hans. :(

:p:p

I need my green face smiley back. These things are uber lame.

After doing more research I found out that I need to solder the pickups. Is soldering basically a miniature version of welding?
Exactly. But you need little baby hands, like any good guitar tech. Go to stewmac.com and watch Dan Erlewine tutorials. He has tiny hands like a Kenner Obi Wan Kenobi action figure.

Back