Nick in Nitro

rwandering

Not a new member
As a once-defender of the Mono Vertigo, I have to agree it comes with some hazards. If you rush to put in your guitar without being completely unzipped, you can get a nick like shown here. This is a '22 Paul's Black Gold Burst in High Gloss Nitro.

VgrYUU1.jpg

But to the point . . . I'm not going to send in the guitar over this, but what I don't want is for the weakness in the finish to spread. That is, I'd like to "seal it" with something (that will look neutral or better).

Anyone dealt with this and have a fix that has worked? I can bring it to someone but would prefer to do it myself (if that is feasible).

I would go to the auto parts store and buy black touchup paint. It looks like the finish is black there. You can put a small drop fill in there and it will make it much less noticeable. Put a very small amount on it. You can add more after it dries to build it up if you want to. I have done this to a few guitars of different brands over the years. I don't typically buy black guitars so I don't do this a lot but it has worked well when I have done it.

If black won't work or you want to really try to blend it in, look at what Sew Mac has. They have materials to do drop fills.

Doing a quick search, it appears auto touch-up paints are acrylic lacquer.

I'd try a nitro nail polish.

Back