NGDx2 (New Member) + my small collection!

MichaelC24

Sucker for Squabbins
Hello all!
My name is Mike, and I've been playing PRS guitars for almost a decade. Im a massive PRS fan, and have been browsing the forum for quite some time. I have finally created an account, and happy to be a part of all things PRS related. Looking forward to growing my collection over time!

The first new guitar I added was about a month ago, it's a 2013 Custom 24 in blue crab. It's a beautiful guitar, and I'm really happy with the 57/08 pups.
image_zpswhqg7dvb.jpeg

The newest newest addition is a late 1986-early 87 bass, finished in a pretty wild "pearl magenta" . This thing has some serious mojo. I've read a lot of mixed opinions on PRS basses, but I gotta say thing thing plays wonderfully. It's got some dings and scratches but for a 30 yr old bass it's held up well, and the neck is straight as an arrow. The Brazilian board has some great color, just a really cool looking bass.
image_zpswzn6qoyi.jpeg

image_zpsjwvnzmsw.jpeg

image_zpsdhmbhf97.jpeg

And last but not least, here is the rest of the crew...
25th anniversary swamp ash special
IMG_2484_zpsig6iffmb.jpg

SE Custom 24 (mods include a pair of Seymour Duncan's jb/jazz, rosewood pup rings, tremel-no, ebony tuning pegs and a custom rosewood headstock veneer w/private stock eagle.)
IMG_2480_zps8lbqp95i.jpg

IMG_2483_zpsekq6rqnk.jpg

SE Zach Myers
IMG_2252_zpscuphka37.jpg

SE Angelus Custom& 30th anniversary SE Custom 24
IMG_2236_zpsp4666p1u.jpg

SE Mikael Akerfeldt
IMG_2478_zpsk0fa2v3d.jpg

Blimey, nice collection, how have you managed to stay quiet for so long? Love the Mikael Akerfeldt.

Welcome.

Nice way to make an entrance, Michael - very fine stable you have there. I especially dig the CU24 and that bass! Welcome to the fold...

Love the SASNF! That bass is a cool piece of history! Always heard the electronics were the weak point. I've never heard one in person.

Thanks all for the kind words! And WEDGE, if/when I get the urge to move the bass...you called it. I'm always interested in PRS trades

Welcome! I dig the Akerfeldt, but I love the color on that bass.

Here are a few more pics of the bass, it seems to be #142 of the basses made but that's about all I know. I've been trying to find info on the web but there's just not a ton out there. If anyone has expertise in these vintage basses, maybe you can help me nail down whether it's a late 86, or an 87 and if this is a rare bass considering..thanks!
image_zpsaxckbjsv.jpeg

image_zpse5cevmxq.jpeg

Also some more misc. pics including a 2012 custom 22 I traded for my 24.
image_zpsrmx7dhem.jpeg

image_zpsmd6rnjla.jpeg

IMG_2494_zpsoc3wjy61.jpg

IMG_2408_zpsei4arb6u.jpg

IMG_2380_zps0m1fkebh.jpg

IMG_2486_zpskxbdevfo.jpg

Nice collection! Love the color of the bass, but I'm not gettin' in the 'dibs' ruckus, I don't play bass enough to justify it.

What's up with the serial # on the bass, and a SE with a PS inlay? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

What's up with the serial # on the bass, and a SE with a PS inlay? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

The PS Eagle is most likely just a sticker... but what about the bass serial number makes you think it's suspicious? Looks alright to me.

I bought a piece of brazillian rosewood veneer, and applied an "inlay" sticker. This is a cheaper SE that I wanted to do a little customization to and just wanted to change the SE logo. And as far as I can tell, the basses from that period have serial numbers that look like that. I spoke with Matt from Prs a few days back and he confirmed that it is legit and an old color they put out the first few years.

Back