NGD

Toolmaster Of Brainerd

You know what a loon is, noodle head?
My first PRS guitar! Literally 10x more expensive than the only other guitar I've ever bought :eek:

bwQeM3t.jpg

waFa5vI.jpg

lQo7aEr.jpg

I love it already. It sounds amazing and plays so well. The tone knob is actually usable! I've never had that before. My other guitar has a 42mm nut. I like the 43mm nut here much more. The guitar feels alive and really fun to play.

I need to add strap locks and maybe buy another strap too.

I really want to leave it stock... but my soldering iron hand is twitching already to do some wiring mods. I'm tempted to move the tone pot to the bridge pickup only. And add a way to get the neck pickup coil split. I doubt I'll ever use the bridge humbucker + neck single coil position; maybe I'll change that position to be just the neck single coil :cool:. Or maybe I'll just leave it stock :p. Would Paul slap me if I start modding his guitar?

Why didn't I just buy one with individual coil splits or individual tone knobs? Because this one looks amazing, was for sale at a price I could afford, and I don't like 4 knob guitars or splitting coils by pulling knobs or flipping switches.

That is tasty! Making me drool like tasty!! Love the finish, congrats x 24 frets!!! And the fact that it, along with amp and pedals is all set for transport on a palette is a bonus!!!! Shows how ready you are to make it to the show and be set up faster than the lead singer!!!!!

BTW, I really love your forum name! I guess you are in full compliance with a name like that!!

That is tasty! Making me drool like tasty!! Love the finish, congrats x 24 frets!!! And the fact that it, along with amp and pedals is all set for transport on a palette is a bonus!!!! Shows how ready you are to make it to the show and be set up faster than the lead singer!!!!!

BTW, I really love your forum name! I guess you are in full compliance with a name like that!!

Toolmaster of Brainerd is an old Trip Shakespeare song. One of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands.

HNGD! She’s a beauty.
I love the rig on the pallet move. Easy to move with a forklift AND buys you some time in case of some unexpected water. :p:D

The pallet is in case of flooding. I'm set up in a basement and I'd be devastated if a little water ruined all my equipment. Haven't needed it yet, but when the hurricane came through a month ago we almost did! Most houses in the area had water in their basement but not us.

Congratulations!

FWIW, the bridge humbucker with the split neck pickup, in parallel (position 2), has become my favorite, with my Custom 22. Give it time, the split positions 2 & 4 are in parallel, giving it more grit than other split coils.

Good to hear! I'll give it a fair chance and let my ears be my guide.

Love the color of your guitar btw.

Toolmaster of Brainerd is an old Trip Shakespeare song. One of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands.

The pallet is in case of flooding. I'm set up in a basement and I'd be devastated if a little water ruined all my equipment. Haven't needed it yet, but when the hurricane came through a month ago we almost did! Most houses in the area had water in their basement but not us.
I thought so.
My buddy use to have all of his cabs up on milk crates and the drums on a riser for that exact same reason.:)

I'm also a single volume, guy. When I was a working musician, I got work playing for recording artists, by riding the volume and staying off of their vocals. Now that I'm retired, I tend to play as a front man or solo act. So, in order to fill the whole frequency range, I tend to used both pickups (middle position). I liked the sound of a more dominant bridge pickup.

When I first got my core Custom, I lowered the neck pickup until it came off of the height screws. So, I wasted a set of strings. I have since found that I could get a similar sound with position 2 (bridge humbucker & split neck pickup). That's the story on how I learned to love position 2.:)

Back