NGD

charliefrench

I was looking for a used SE with 22 frets, dot markers (I do not like the birds), two volume/two tone. A compromise was made and I opted for this. SE Custom 22 2008. Bought on the Internet and arrived this morning. It has a fair few dings and bruises. Looks like the previous owner had a lot of fun with this one. Everything seems to work as it should and I got it for a decent price. Cheap Charlie me. Quite light in weight which is welcome. The fret position markers are not dots but called moons apparently. Close enough for me anyway. In fact I quite like them. As for wanting a 2T/2V layout, it can wait for another day.

I plan to swap out the tone pot for a push/pull and maybe experiment with some pickups.

All in all I am happy with this deal :)

Last edited:
Congratulations man! The first SE that I played was a revelation. The quality is amazing. My old Custom 22SE was the guitar that converted me. Hope you love it!

Thanks guys :)

@Axematt901: Firstly, welcome! And yes, the quality of the SE models is great. Fantastic value for money. I have an SE STD 24 with trem too and it is the sweetest sounding electric guitar played acoustically that I can remember owning. Really, it sometimes feel like a crime plugging it into an amp.

Congrats!

Is it the flat-top model? I really like those.

Yes it is absolutely flat on the top with a tummy cut on the back. A chamfer where the arm rests would be welcome but it is not uncomfortable while playing seated at all. It is light in weight too. Using the kitchen scales I get 2.9kg (my SE STD 24 gives me 3.3kg) Just took some measurements with my digital calipers. The fattest place I can find on the body is a hair under 45mm. I think later models were beveled a bit on the tops. Yeah great guitar. Thank you :)

Back