NGD!

Great top
Great 30th birds
Badass 85/15 pups

Well done brother, let us know how she sounds

Thanks for all the kind words. So I got to take her for a little spin this evening. I gotta say Raven17 was right. For me the 85/15's are awesome sounding, I dig these pickups more than my 57/08's. PRS's description is not kidding about the clarity. That really stood out to me when playing, every note rings clear. The pickups can really sound bell like as well if you dial in a fat clean sound on your amp.

I will also say that typically I hate split coil sounds. I've always been of a mindset that if you want single coils get single coils. But for me, position number 4 sounds awesome. I think that really surprised me the most out of all the positions. I figured that was a postion that I would mostly just skip over. I surely do on my other guitars with split coils. Hehe, I spent most of my time playing in that 4th position. Didn't do much dirty playing this evening, didn't really have a chance to turn any of the amps up at all. Besides I was having a lot of fun just playing clean. Anywho, I'm not a PRS expert by any means, like I said I own a couple of SE's and a stripped 58 but I think this is a great playing and great sounding guitar. I was hesitant about laying down this kind of coin for this baby but I can say I have zero regrets and zero buyers remorse about this purchase. YMMV of course.

One little nitpick I do have is I do wish it had the reveal binding on it like my stripped 58 but yeah.... Nitpicky... I got nothing. ;)

Last edited:
I'm so glad you like it, wait till you take up the volume and gain! I also agrre that it would be even better looking with scrape binding for,that color.

Happy NGD and enjoy! :congrats:

PRS - offer reveal binding

Thanks for all the kind words. So I got to take her for a little spin this evening. I gotta say Raven17 was right. For me the 85/15's are awesome sounding, I dig these pickups more than my 57/08's. PRS's description is not kidding about the clarity. That really stood out to me when playing, every note rings clear. The pickups can really sound bell like as well if you dial in a fat clean sound on your amp.

I will also say that typically I hate split coil sounds. I've always been of a mindset that if you want single coils get single coils. But for me, position number 4 sounds awesome. I think that really surprised me the most out of all the positions. I figured that was a postion that I would mostly just skip over. I surely do on my other guitars with split coils. Hehe, I spent most of my time playing in that 4th position. Didn't do much dirty playing this evening, didn't really have a chance to turn any of the amps up at all. Besides I was having a lot of fun just playing clean. Anywho, I'm not a PRS expert by any means, like I said I own a couple of SE's and a stripped 58 but I think this is a great playing and great sounding guitar. I was hesitant about laying down this kind of coin for this baby but I can say I have zero regrets and zero buyers remorse about this purchase. YMMV of course.

One little nitpick I do have is I do wish it had the reveal binding on it like my stripped 58 but yeah.... Nitpicky... I got nothing. ;)
Totally agree with you about the reveal binding with the black gold. PRS should offer it as an option at least. The reveal binding is their signature look, why would you not put in on your sc245 and custom models in all colors? Just makes no sense to me....
Been wanting a SC 245 for some time now, but been very hesitant because I want it in black gold also, but hate the fact that it doesn't have the reveal binding. Come on PRS, fix this now!

Back