NGD: Wow, what a month!

Well I am still in my honeymoon phase with the new Paul's Guitar I picked up from Experience. I literally cannot put that guitar down and run home and into my studio to noodle each evening... and then I get the message that the 594 I ordered a month or two ago from John Mann had arrived. Well... here is the unveiling - first the case. The Experience guitar was my first paisley (black) and its stunning but this case is by far the most impressive.
i6Y8Yqg.jpg

And now for the opening... the top looks like marble. Charcoal is the color with a flamed maple neck
dO7suaN.jpg

OdStQjq.jpg

EAywjsF.jpg

And here are 3 of the (/cough) 4 guitars acquired in the last 30 days. The Experience Special Semi is with my son and will be coming to visit on Sunday. Kinda makes me forget about my PS CU24 that Shawn and the PTC are caring for right now... least she'll have plenty of company when she gets home.
42Khba6.jpg

Perhaps I should learn Denny Dias' and Skunk Baxter's solos from Bodhisattva in honor of not having near enough arms and hands for these guitars now...

I swear this is it for guitar acquisition this year....
double congrats, stunning trio there, now you need some vintage amp to complement the Archon and make the 594 happy,

Nice! Fantastic looking guitar! And love that gold paisley case!

Hmm, since I didn't get a SC594 as expected at Experience, and my 509 WL via Brian's is such a long way away (Nov at earliest, I understand), I think I should start looking to fill that niche, with a nice quilty top, maybe RW neck?

(Yeah, I got a Special Semihollow Ltd at Experience. So what?! Can't a guy maintain his GAS?)

Oh... keeps getting better. Final divorce decree arrived last night! What a June (and yes, these events probably are all connected =o)!

Oh... keeps getting better. Final divorce decree arrived last night! What a June (and yes, these events probably are all connected =o)!

Oh the irony if you end up losing your new guitars to your old wife

I hope you've got a good sense of humor :)

Oh the irony if you end up losing your new guitars to your old wife
I hope you've got a good sense of humor :)

Thankfully that can't happen as our property settlement is complete too. My guitar collection has three distinct parts - my autograph holders (guitars are really just holders of autographs from folks like Carlos Santana (2 of those), Gregg Allmann, Ray Davies, Steven Tyler, Jimmy Buffett, Dave Mason, Pete Townshend/Roger Daltrey, Dream Theater, ...), my "collection" guitars (ones I really don't intend on playing but holding because they are beautiful or have some sentimental attachment (like my son's first $50 "Strat" from Walmart, my Westie and the 30th Anniv CU24 PS) and finally the "players" - now the 2 Experience guitars (the semi special and the Paul's guitar) and the new McCarty. The rest of my "players" were liquidated in the move and divorce. As an aside, she took one of my autograph guitars (one signed by everyone in Fleetwood Mac including the inscription from "Much Love, Stevie Nicks"). So... what I have is what I have now =o)

Sorry to hear you had to get divorced, but happy for you that you are good with where you are at. I've been divorced more than once, so I've lived that rocky road. But I am now married (yes, again!) to someone I cannot imagine ever divorcing - in hindsight I saw where things went wrong before, and I think I've learned all those lessons now.

Enjoy your guitars!

Back