NGD: Velavety smooth

Therinx

DDDDDD
There is no greater thing than a NGD. Plays great, everything i expected, and so light!

IMG_1708_zpswchx809a.jpg

IMG_1715_zpsqclvllpm.jpg

IMG_1709_zpsk5lvkwrm.jpg

IMG_1714_zpsjslspvbh.jpg

Been thinking about one of these. What are your thoughts on the bridge? Intonation seem good?

That neck pup is very intriguing!

Lovely, congrats! These seem to be doing REALLY well for PRS.

Been thinking about one of these. What are your thoughts on the bridge? Intonation seem good?

That neck pup is very intriguing!

The intonation is one of the strong points that sold me. It's better than anything i've had to date.* The sustain seems to be very good as well.

And the different tones from the pups are also broader than anything i've had to date.*

If you aren't a fan of the pick guard, i'll note that i didn't either but it's grown on me.

It really plays well, and is super comfy in both weight and ergonomics of the shape. I'm going to test that out officially tonight and see how it feels after playing a 3-4 hours straight. Usually my Tremonti SE and even my fat Strat start to weigh on my shoulder/neck area after a few hours.

*Please note i've never owned a core PRS.

My only (minor) concern is ever having to adjust that bridge for anything. Think id just leave it to a pro there.

Last edited:
My only (minor) concern is ever having to adjust that bridge for anything. Think id just leave it to a pro there.

I lowered the action on mine just a tad - bridge is simpler to adjust than it looks. I didn't have to touch the intonation, just the saddle height. Mine is a McCarty Tobacco Burst as well. Seriously digging the blue and the gold ones as well. I think mine is 5lbs 8oz and whenever I pick her up its like WHOA she's ready to just float away. I was going back and forth between her and a Chapman ML-1 I picked up used for cheap...THAT sucker makes old Les Pauls and Musicians seem like featherweights.

Great guitar, best of luck with her tonight!

The intonation is one of the strong points that sold me. It's better than anything i've had to date.* The sustain seems to be very good as well.

And the different tones from the pups are also broader than anything i've had to date.*

If you aren't a fan of the pick guard, i'll note that i didn't either but it's grown on me.

It really plays well, and is super comfy in both weight and ergonomics of the shape.

++++1 on all of that! I've also "grown accustomed to her face" (pickguard). Mine's Vintage Mahogany and, to me, is as sleek as an otter. And it definitely is the lightest electric guitar I've got.

Back