NGD: Tremonti SE Custom (Used impulse buy)

supergoat94

I wasn't really in the market for another guitar but I found a used Tremonti SE Custom that I just could not pass up. I'm a fan of PRS's Grey/Black (I have a CE24 in the same finish) and the Tremonti pickups in general. I saw this listed for $350 and impulse bought it.

It does have a few imperfections in the finish which may be why it was listed so cheap but once I cleaned it up and put new strings on it, it looks and plays fantastic. I plan to swap out the tuners to the SE Locking ones and replace the bridge pickup with the US Tremonti one soon. I have that pickup in my SE Standard 24 and absolutely love it.

The Guitar
img_0226.jpg

img_0225.jpg

The imperfections
img_0228.jpg

img_0229.jpg

I'm very happy with it for the price I paid. I'm not typically a single cut guy but I've been having a blast playing it and getting used to the extra bottom end I'm getting from the guitar. Super glad I randomly decided to check out some used listings and stumbled upon it.

Great guitar. I have one as well, but paid $50 more for mine. Similar sound to a Les Paul, but I find it just plays better and feels better in my hands. The neck is comfy. Mine is under 8 lbs as well. Great choice you made there.

Back