NGD: The top I did not deserve, but needed

Above my paygrade, but thats a super looking guitar. Hows the tone?
Hi thanks! The inherent tone is really characteristic of a 25” PRS trem model, nothing more or less. By inherent tone I mean how the strings and the guitar itself vibrates as one. The pickups are good and clear. Wanna be frank rather than hype from the ego. I personally prefer the inherent tone of a short scale fixed bridge, but if I insist on every box being ticked I’m going to need a youth elixir. :p

The plugged in tone is wonderful I must say. Fat and meaty sounding. The neck and middle positions are especially great. I usually listen to the acoustic tone first (string vibration) and then listen to the plugged in tone, to look for similarities between the two. In my fixed bridge guitars for example my Les Pauls, the similarity is obvious. The pickups faithfully replicate what I hear directly.

I must say in this guitar, as with my other PRS trems, the two are quite different. Acoustically I can literally hear the trem springs.

Either they have voiced the pickups somehow to accentuate certain frequencies, or the pickups are detecting something from the string movement that my ears cannot detect directly by air.

Oh well it’s one of those mysteries in my life.

Hi thanks! The inherent tone is really characteristic of a 25” PRS trem model, nothing more or less. By inherent tone I mean how the strings and the guitar itself vibrates as one. The pickups are good and clear. Wanna be frank rather than hype from the ego. I personally prefer the inherent tone of a short scale fixed bridge, but if I insist on every box being ticked I’m going to need a youth elixir. :p

So what you’re saying is that it’s just ok? ;)

Seriously though, congrats, that’s beautiful.

So what you’re saying is that it’s just ok? ;)

Seriously though, congrats, that’s beautiful.
LOL that’s because I’m a fussy OCD case. But okay is not a bad thing, and that top more than makes up for it. :p

Back