NGD - Starla

I love semi oddball guitars that still play well, and this one is no slouch. So far its been perfect. I want to repair the marring by the jack plate but the finish is so thin. That's prob why it's so resonant.

I also have a thing for tortoise shell guards. Anyone know if a tort S2 guard will fit?

To have a real Bigsby and not an import is a great feeling when operating. Those licensed ones work ok and this one feels much better.

Thanks all!

I think S2 could fit the core.

I would suggest a could Bigsby upgrades and a roller bridge too. Callaham string through bar, slotted roller bar, soft spring & roller bridge.

Sometimes I think that my Core Starla might be the best sounding PRS model there is. My bandmates say the same thing. I prefer my Custom 24 and McCarty 594, but the Starla just might be sonically the best one.

Sometimes I think that my Core Starla might be the best sounding PRS model there is. My bandmates say the same thing. I prefer my Custom 24 and McCarty 594, but the Starla just might be sonically the best one.

The range on the Starla is really diverse. Does cleans incredibly and then when you throw gain at it it holds its own really well too

You lucky duck!!! Easily one of the best looking Starla's ever, love the dirty birds. Hope you enjoy it as much as I love mine. Happy that I helped to sent you on this path ;-)

Those PUs are stellar!

Last edited:
I’m still wondering WTF “J-birds” means. I mean I know what they are, but why do they call em that?
Well, that term was coined prior to todays “everything must be PC” mentality. If they were just coming up with that term today, it would be ”extremely friendly, and completely inoffensive people, who for some completely inoffensive and totally legal reason, are not clothed. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.”

Personally, I like “J-birds” better.

Well, that term was coined prior to todays “everything must be PC” mentality. If they were just coming up with that term today, it would be ”extremely friendly, and completely inoffensive people, who for some completely inoffensive and totally legal reason, are not clothed. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.”

Personally, I like “J-birds” better.
I’m talking about the “Hollow birds” that PRS did. They got nicknamed J birds, still struggling to understand why.

Back