NGD: sort of ...

jmcecil

Just getting started
I picked this up at Gearfest last year. I'm heading back in a week. I never posted on this forum before. I found it while researching the 30th models and acoustics. So, belated NGD. This thing plays amazing. The sustain is off the charts. It is a dark/rich toned guitar with a bit more presence than a vintage LP. And like most PRS, that more pronounced upper/mid harmonic gives it that modern (I guess that's the hip term for it), tone. Simply beautiful. The all Braz Neck is the icing. Count me as another happy PRS camper.

20140703_130554_zpscauqwguk.jpg

20140703_130658_zps2bm5qzuy.jpg

20140703_130610_zpsisjtjxm2.jpg

20140703_130645_zpse0q2dnjq.jpg

20140703_130628_zpswnizeh9v.jpg

20140703_130651_zpso0mhm258.jpg

Last edited:
You are one lucky dude. That is just plain beautiful and really unusual. I dig the rosewood neck. The whole guitar is just absolutely stunning. I would play that every day, or close to it. I don't save my guitars for the next guy and they are not museum pieces; not even astounding guitars like that. That guitar has some potential mojo.

You are one lucky dude. That is just plain beautiful and really unusual. I dig the rosewood neck. The whole guitar is just absolutely stunning. I would play that every day, or close to it. I don't save my guitars for the next guy and they are not museum pieces; not even astounding guitars like that. That guitar has some potential mojo.
I absolutely play it. I'm the same way about guitars are made to be played, not just hung on the wall. But, I don't/won't play it out.

I do have a question .. This is my only PRS guitar. The volume pot is so easy to move that I constantly turn the guitar down accidentally with the heal of my pinky. That itself wouldn't be that bad except the volume pot seems to be exponential towards the top ... so the last little bit has a ton of increase. So it's really noticeable when I hit it. Anyone else find this to be true?

You can go to any auto parts store and buy small, rubber O-rings. Remove the knob, slip an O-ring over the shaft, all the way down, replace knob.

You can go to any auto parts store and buy small, rubber O-rings. Remove the knob, slip an O-ring over the shaft, all the way down, replace knob.
worth a shot. It only needs to have a tiny, tiny, tiny bit more resistance.

But, am I the only one who feels that way? It's it just because I normally play a strat and I need to get used to where that knob is? Or do folks view this as a real issue? Just to be clear .. this is extremely minor and I don't play it out, so it's not big thing to me. Just curious.

worth a shot. It only needs to have a tiny, tiny, tiny bit more resistance.

But, am I the only one who feels that way? QUOTE]

Not the 1st that knob resistance is an issue with. It does come up every now & then, but is not an issue for the masses.

BTW: The Guitar is absolutely stunning. Congrats on a "Killer" Guitar & welcome to the Forum :rock:

I love how decadent the purfling and binding are on this guitar. Nice pickup!
What's interesting about that is, in person it just looks like an ornate band. It provides a great relief that really sets off the red. That is until you are next to it and see what an amazing bling sandwich it is. Also, the inlay on the fretboard is ... as you say .. very decadent. In the first picture you can make it out to the left of the low E string. But like most of these types of guitars, pictures don't do the details justice.

Back