NGD - Silver Sky - static in pick guard

Ron

Finally jumped on the SS wagon. Beautiful Dodgem blue, plays great. Static in the pick guard is sure bugging me though. I'll make a trip back to my dealer this weekend but was wondering if anyone had similar issues and found a solution. I had a G&L many years ago that had the same issue and was fixed with shielding on the back of the guard. Never had an issue with my Strat or Tele and was surprised when it showed up in the Silver Sky.

I would also like to loosen the spring tension on the tremolo, it's a little stiff for my liking. I know my tech can handle that but again I would be interested in others opinions/preferences.

I know this guitar will be a 10 after addressing these minor issues. I love my 594 and CU22 and am excited to add the SS to the mix.

Thanks!
Ron

Congrats! Mine had static initially as well - if you search around here you’ll find some posts on it. I read about rubbing a dryer sheet on the pickguard and, well, it worked brilliantly! That was 7 months ago and I’ve not heard it since. I’m wondering if it has something to do with taking off the pickguard protective wrap when new?

It’s a brilliant guitar - I love strats and still have a few, but it’s my undisputed #1.

As far as any static goes , It goes away with a dryer sheet / or on its own in my case.
Just loosen the trem springs until the bridge floats :) even with the body.

Thanks everyone! I'll give the dryer sheet a try, sounds like a simple solution. I'll get the trem adjusted later in the week. I'm sure enjoying playing it!

Dryer sheet did the trick. Guitar now has that "outdoor fresh" smell.
Thanks for the tip!
Ron

life hacks for the win!

I think it’s purely mental but sometimes I still swear I smell “fresh linen” when I pick it up...

Iey0djy.jpg

Back